2022 Schedule Thread

Ask your ticket representative about pitchside seats. We were able to upgrade for the Miami game. I don't know if there are a few held in reserve, or if a season ticket holder exchanged seats, but it was a good way to spend accumulated credit.

FWIW there were plenty of open seats Saturday pitchside. I'll defer to Lion as to whether it might be season ticket holders absent or seats not purchased, but I would think that the team would want bodies in seats either for television presence or marketing.
I asked them to notify me if they had a pitch side available for Miami and they didn’t reach out.

Ask your ticket representative about pitchside seats. We were able to upgrade for the Miami game. I don't know if there are a few held in reserve, or if a season ticket holder exchanged seats, but it was a good way to spend accumulated credit.

FWIW there were plenty of open seats Saturday pitchside. I'll defer to Lion as to whether it might be season ticket holders absent or seats not purchased, but I would think that the team would want bodies in seats either for television presence or marketing.
Pitchside is 100% sold out in terms of season tickets. There isn't an available seat. However, if tickets have been traded in for the match allowing inventory on a game by game basis, that's another story.

Reactions: moogoo and Kjbert
I asked them to notify me if they had a pitch side available for Miami and they didn’t reach out.
FWIW, I exchanged my usual tickets in for seats in the Legends area. They still had a good number of seats available. used up a bit chunk of credits. so that's nice. Will probably see if i can upgrade at Citi Field too or buy extra seats to sell or something.

Single game elimination playoffs started in 2019 for MLS
Pretty sure he knows THAT lol. I think he means for this season specifically
Yes. I believe future formats have always been left up in the air, although due to the WC, there really wasn't another option. I believe Garber had mentioned wanting to guarantee all playoff teams at least 1 home game at some point.
Personally, I prefer the single elimination and hope it is the permanent plan going forward, but I don't believe the league has explicitly committed to that yet.

Reactions: Kjbert
Based on my calculations last year, the highest ever totals for 8th place (aka missing the playoffs in current 34 game and 7 places standards) in either conference were:
LA Galaxy - 48 (2021)
DC United - 47 (2021)

We are currently on 45 points. One win and we're essentially guaranteed playoffs.

I mean, even now we're basically guaranteed some form of playoffs, because the bottom half of the conference are all bunched up together points-wise and I don't think 8th place will break 45 points. (Western conference is a different story, and I think we might see another 47 or 48 point playoff miss there)

Limping into the playoffs yes, but it would still be playoffs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t believe the Sept 7 Cinci thread is up yet, so posting here. I am wondering how bad traffic will be for that one with the US Open going on. Any thoughts on how awful the drive will be?

Reactions: Kjbert
I don’t believe the Sept 7 Cinci thread is up yet, so posting here. I am wondering how bad traffic will be for that one with the US Open going on. Any thoughts on how awful the drive will be?
That's an interesting question. When the Mets are in town, the US Open parking is in a different spot - over in the park on the other side of the tennis complex. Not sure what they will do on Wednesday night. Timing will be pretty close - 7pm for the Open and 8pm for MLS.

One positive note is that the large majority of Open fans take public transit. Even on the busy day sessions, traffic doesn't get too bad, so my guess is that things will be okay.

Reactions: JCMore and JayH
I'm surprised that no one has really mentioned our congested schedule as part of the reason our down fall this second half. It's well documented that the front office could have done more to replace Taty or that Deila leaving in June is less then ideal, but this team is GASSED. We played an extra month on our way to MLS Cup last year, had a shortened off season, had a TON of travel in the beginning of the year for CCL and played more games this season then we ever had. Every year we see most MLS teams who participate in CCL falter in league play. I don't think we should be surprised watching our players go down with injuries or looking fatigued. The roster restrictions of MLS and the geographic size of this continent are killed us. I think its important for us fans to recognize this and cut the players some slack in this regard.

Good call. With the shortened off-season and the extra CCL travel plus congested schedule - keep in mind we pushed games to later in the year for CCL as well. Seattle is a great example - NYCFC almost did the same amount of travel and extra games and Seattle has to have a run just to make the playoffs.

Reactions: twsj91
I'm surprised that no one has really mentioned our congested schedule as part of the reason our down fall this second half. It's well documented that the front office could have done more to replace Taty or that Deila leaving in June is less then ideal, but this team is GASSED. We played an extra month on our way to MLS Cup last year, had a shortened off season, had a TON of travel in the beginning of the year for CCL and played more games this season then we ever had. Every year we see most MLS teams who participate in CCL falter in league play. I don't think we should be surprised watching our players go down with injuries or looking fatigued. The roster restrictions of MLS and the geographic size of this continent are killed us. I think its important for us fans to recognize this and cut the players some slack in this regard.

I've been talking about that in other threads. Fully agree, I wonder if that's one of the main issues at play. Obviously the injuries have a lot to do with it, but many of the injuries seem to be overuse. They do look gassed right now.

Reactions: twsj91
Well, with the early playoffs and MLS Cup because of the World Cup means a longer offseason and rest period. Combined that with a new coach, hopefully good winter and summer signings with the Taty/Sands transfer fees, we'll be the best team in MLS again in 2023. Wake me up then.

Reactions: Shwafta and moogoo
Well, with the early playoffs and MLS Cup because of the World Cup means a longer offseason and rest period. Combined that with a new coach, hopefully good winter and summer signings with the Taty/Sands transfer fees, we'll be the best team in MLS again in 2023. Wake me up then.

Don't lose hope yet Lion. This team can still do great things once everyone's back and healthy. The "best" team in MLS every year tends to flop in the playoffs. LAFC... New England... this year it'll be LAFC and Philly. lol.

This stretch of 10 games has been difficult to stomach. but we had a lot of injuries to key players. we also had some bad luck sometimes. it happens.

I don't like that we play in a lower defensive block and don't press as much as we used to (really wish we could get an explanation from nick about that), but I still think this team, if back at full strength, can stumble into the playoffs, win all games away - again - and bring home another cup. This is MLS! why the hell not? crazier shit has happened. last year RSL fell into the playoffs and won 2 games they had no business winning.

not saying we are definitely repeat champs, but I don't think there's any real reason to lose all hope just yet. I think I said some where that I had little hope and that's probably true. my hope is little as this stretch of games has had me indifferent to what the team is doing. But as of right now, I choose to be positive and believe we can possibly do something. At the very least, we can add another trophy on wednesday.

Don't lose hope yet Lion. This team can still do great things once everyone's back and healthy. The "best" team in MLS every year tends to flop in the playoffs. LAFC... New England... this year it'll be LAFC and Philly. lol.

This stretch of 10 games has been difficult to stomach. but we had a lot of injuries to key players. we also had some bad luck sometimes. it happens.

I don't like that we play in a lower defensive block and don't press as much as we used to (really wish we could get an explanation from nick about that), but I still think this team, if back at full strength, can stumble into the playoffs, win all games away - again - and bring home another cup. This is MLS! why the hell not? crazier shit has happened. last year RSL fell into the playoffs and won 2 games they had no business winning.

not saying we are definitely repeat champs, but I don't think there's any real reason to lose all hope just yet. I think I said some where that I had little hope and that's probably true. my hope is little as this stretch of games has had me indifferent to what the team is doing. But as of right now, I choose to be positive and believe we can possibly do something. At the very least, we can add another trophy on wednesday.
idk man, this philly year reminds me a lot of that second season toronto that went out and walloped everything and everyone bc they were p i s s e d at losing mls cup. And then they won it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Philly's year

idk man, this philly year reminds me a lot of that second season toronto that went out and walloped everything and everyone bc they were p i s s e d at losing mls cup. And then they won it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Philly's year

Toronto did the triple that year. at best, philly can do the double. i'm just saying MLS Playoffs are a wild animal and there are absolutely no guarantees. if we have a full squad, i think there is some hope something can happen.

Toronto did the triple that year. at best, philly can do the double. i'm just saying MLS Playoffs are a wild animal and there are absolutely no guarantees. if we have a full squad, i think there is some hope something can happen.
oh yeah I agree, anything can happen... however it feels to me like this is Philly's year, they've got a bone to pick and I think I'm going to die on this hill lol

• Haha
Reactions: moogoo