2023 General MLS Transfer Thread

didnt they also announce a documentary about him on Apple+? im sure that added into the interest with Miami/ MLS.

I can’t wait to see what Miami’s roster looks like next season. Messi is going to help construct who plays with him, and MLS will turn a blind eye/change the rules to accommodate the rebuild. Should be fun.

Reactions: snugglefarts
I can’t wait to see what Miami’s roster looks like next season. Messi is going to help construct who plays with him, and MLS will turn a blind eye/change the rules to accommodate the rebuild. Should be fun.
And we still won't sign a striker...

Reactions: Gene and JayH
IMG_8586.jpeg

They are going to cheat cheat cheat cheat, and it’s going to be wild. Some of the ways they cheat are going to turn into new MLS rules though, which might actually help the league more generally.

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
Just curious for a history lesson, does anyone remember the pre-Beckham days? I know the DP rule was literally created for him. I’m just wondering what other kind of changes occurred because of his signing. I.e. more viewers, new stadiums, hell even an Adidas Jersey deal for the league? I really don’t know. Just curious what else may have occurred or if there’s correlation to other events from his addition to the league.

This might be a moment of history repeating itself in a sense and I’m pretty excited to see the growth of the league because of it

Reactions: snugglefarts