Away - 06/24 Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
An injury report and projected lineup from MLSsoccer.com, probably released a tad early...
  • Suspended: None
  • Int’l Duty: None
  • Injury Report: OUT – F Khiry Shelton (hamstring injury), M Maxi Moralez (calf injury), D Ronald Matarrita (undisclosed injury)
Projected Starting XI (4-2-3-1, right to left): Sean Johnson – R.J. Allen, Maxime Chanot, Alexander Callens, Ben Sweat – Alex Ring, Yangel Herrera – Rodney Wallace, Jack Harrison, Tommy McNamara – David Villa

An injury report and projected lineup from MLSsoccer.com, probably released a tad early...
  • Suspended: None
  • Int’l Duty: None
  • Injury Report: OUT – F Khiry Shelton (hamstring injury), M Maxi Moralez (calf injury), D Ronald Matarrita (undisclosed injury)
Projected Starting XI (4-2-3-1, right to left): Sean Johnson – R.J. Allen, Maxime Chanot, Alexander Callens, Ben Sweat – Alex Ring, Yangel Herrera – Rodney Wallace, Jack Harrison, Tommy McNamara – David Villa
I also wouldn't mind Okoli getting the start in a 442 for T-Mac.

i got my sky blue poncho ready
i need one of those

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01092C09M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51IeA4L5BNL._SY450_.jpg

Reactions: Questionable8
https://www.newyorkredbulls.com/post/2017/06/22/heat-could-play-factor-new-york-derby

Yes, this is from the Red Bull site. They are worried about the temperature. Honestly, though, I'd rather have a better game on the field at cooler temperatures at night than one in the middle of the day on national television.
That quote from their coach about grinding out a win against Philly because of their heat conditioning is such BS. They played a man up for 43 minutes before they got their goal in the 87th. If the teams were even strength, RB would have lost - Sapong looked really dangerous when they were at full strength.

Note, we haven't seen any training photos or videos this week from the club's website and media day was early in the week. So essentially, aside from what players post, it's been closed training all week. So we're not going to know about Mata and Maxi's status until likely the roster is released an hour before kickoff.

The Cascadia Cup was created by Supporters from Portland, Seattle, and Vancoouver. Trillium Cup was named by Toronto and Columbus Supporters, and Houston and Dallas Supporters jointly named El Capitan- the cannon that goes to the series winner. Assuming we were able to meet with Red Bulls supporters, what do you guys think would be a cool name or design for an actual something for the winners to get?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The Cascadia Cup was created by Supporters from Portland, Seattle, and Vancoouver. Trillium Cup was named by Toronto and Columbus Supporters, and Houston and Dallas Supporters jointly named El Capitan- the cannon that goes to the series winner. Assuming we were able to meet with Red Bulls supporters, what do you guys think would be a cool name or design for an actual something for the winners to get?
I honestly want (and I believe this has been brought up by other posters previously as well), a Acela Cup that goes between NYC, NJRB, DCU, NER, Union. That may be too many teams though.

Note, we haven't seen any training photos or videos this week from the club's website and media day was early in the week. So essentially, aside from what players post, it's been closed training all week. So we're not going to know about Mata and Maxi's status until likely the roster is released an hour before kickoff.

Hard to tell completely from this photo, but doesn't look like he is wearing any braces/protective gear on his ankles.

EZ Pass Cup? PATH Cup? MetroCard Cup?

Ellis Island Cup? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_v._New_York)

rivalry cups are stupid

Said Fonzie right after the the shark jump.
So you think a man that smokes and drinks that much
New York Red Bulls v New York City
Red Bull Arena (1:30pm ET)
REF: ALAN KELLY
AR1: Matthew Nelson
AR2: Adam Wienckowski
4TH: Marcos DeOliveira

Alan Kelly refereed our 4-0 match vs. DC where he showed 5 yellow card in that game all to DC.

I consider him to be the best referee in MLS.
yuuuuuuge.

Hands down the best ref in the league. And by best, I mean the only one that seems to understand you can't run down the backside of someone receiving a pass.

Red Bull Arena - Weather.gov
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between noon and 4pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 86. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

giphy.gif

Reactions: CatNYC

Hudson River Cup - filled with Henry Hudson's finest H2O.

Winner gets the Cup. Loser has to drink from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.