Blue York City FC

What do you guys think of calling ourselves the Blues? Just like TFC calling themselves the Reds, but instead we can name ourselves after this guys

image.jpg

A Blue Whale. A little cheesy I know but they are known to swim in waters just off the city, making them a native species. It would also give us a mascot that isn't manufactured by the team, isn't trying to hard, would give us more identity, and it would be hard to make into one of those God awful stadium mascots.

Edit: and yes I know that I sort of sound like an eighth grader right about now, but as a man in his late 20's I actually think that it would be a classy mascot like english rugby calling themselves the roses.

Reactions: FootyLovin
What do you guys think of calling ourselves the Blues? Just like TFC calling themselves the Reds, but instead we can name ourselves after this guys

View attachment 2869

A Blue Whale. A little cheesy I know but they are known to swim in waters just off the city, making them a native species. It would also give us a mascot that isn't manufactured by the team, isn't trying to hard, would give us more identity, and it would be hard to make into one of those God awful stadium mascots.

Edit: and yes I know that I sort of sound like an eighth grader right about now, but as a man in his late 20's I actually think that it would be a classy mascot like english rugby calling themselves the roses.

Also, giant blue whale in the Museum of Natural History

Reactions: FootyLovin

View attachment 2869

I like the blues.

I could live with calling them the Blues, although in a way that's pretty generic. Not to mention that it's really sky blue as opposed to an actual deeper blue. I'd also hate to have away supporters singing things like "it's not really blue" at us. Also, it's got a lot of Chelsea associations.

My first vote is to call us City. Melbourne City, Manchester City, New York City. Just seems right, and to fit right in. Also, we're *the* city, not just any city. Everyone knows that Orlando City is not *the* city, they're just *a* city.

Like I said though, I'd be fine with the blues, too.

I could live with calling them the Blues, although in a way that's pretty generic. Not to mention that it's really sky blue as opposed to an actual deeper blue. I'd also hate to have away supporters singing things like "it's not really blue" at us. Also, it's got a lot of Chelsea associations.

My first vote is to call us City. Melbourne City, Manchester City, New York City. Just seems right, and to fit right in. Also, we're *the* city, not just any city. Everyone knows that Orlando City is not *the* city, they're just *a* city.

Like I said though, I'd be fine with the blues, too.
I like The City.

Redbulls vs. The City
LA Galaxy vs. The City
The City just claimed a treble.

Yup. I like it.

I think if going the color route it has to be the Sky blue or light blues.

THE CITY is kind of cool IMO in that pretty much anyone I know who lives within a day trip of NYC if they say their going into "The City" the mean NYC even if other smaller cities are closer. Also has some tiny deviation and distinction from the short for Manchester City or any other Brit or American team with City in their name.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I like Blue York like they have been using, I rather stay away form the "city” name.

Also a lot of us have been calling them Celestes (sky blues) for a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TabascoDiva
WOOOOW
AMAZINGLY wholeheartedly awesome!
The tip of my index finger is blue too from pressing that Enter your vote key so many times.