General MLS Discussion

Yeah. I agree Dax is a veteran in your face prick, but violent conduct is a whole different thing he’s avoided previously
He was always a guy that you love on your team but hate him on the other with his fiery, in your face attitude. But I still always thought he toed that line well and never did anything I considered "dirty" or "classless".

This was atrocious.

F45F1472-B419-40AA-9B92-AD68E2320936.jpeg

imagine loving MLS roster rules so much that you get a vanity plate?? Smhhh

I've always liked Dax. His comments about Pirlo when he showed up and his social media trolling of the Red Bulls when traded were classic.

He's feisty, but that foul was very out of character, I think.
I have memories of Dax being a dick against NYCFC and that it was kind of his thing last season. Not sure it was very out of character or just an inevitable stop on the Grumpy Old Dax train.

I just don’t want this to be swept under the rug by the league. It really could have hurt Davis and if it wasn’t in a soccer game could have seen criminal charges in my opinion. I’m glad Matt Doyle mentioned it in his write up today. My fiancée let out an audible gasp on the train yesterday when I should her the video. I hope people don’t just acknowledge the apology and move on, it’s not okay and it should be said by people higher up in the league that as a whole it was unacceptable.

Reactions: danger and moogoo
I just don’t want this to be swept under the rug by the league. It really could have hurt Davis and if it wasn’t in a soccer game could have seen criminal charges in my opinion. I’m glad Matt Doyle mentioned it in his write up today. My fiancée let out an audible gasp on the train yesterday when I should her the video. I hope people don’t just acknowledge the apology and move on, it’s not okay and it should be said by people higher up in the league that as a whole it was unacceptable.

The red card automatically gives 1 game suspension. I think should tack on at least 3 more games. They can't let violent conduct like that go without severe punishment. As a veteran of the league, frustration and anger is not an excuse. Based on the video as well, his whole apology/explanation seemed insincere to me. Broke eye contact constantly, shrugged a lot. Looked and sounded 100% like someone just saying what they need to say to save face.

Reactions: JCMore
Somehow I had forgotten that Dax’s prior red card was against NYCFC last season:

“The incident began when McCarty chased down Moralez and knocked him to the ground after the ball was stolen from him on a restart in the 43rd minute of Friday’s match. Moralez, taking exception to being blindsided by McCarty, immediately got to his feet and grabbed McCarty by his throat as the benches spilled onto the field.”

Question I couldn’t quickly find the answer to: has any NYCFC player ever had a multi game red card suspension? Just wonder how Dax’s 2 game suspension compares. Generally also strikes me as not enough but the other MLS ones I stumbled across were two 3-game suspensions for use of homophobic slurs and a 5-game suspension for an LA galaxy player who caused a season ending injury to a Portland player

Somehow I had forgotten that Dax’s prior red card was against NYCFC last season:

“The incident began when McCarty chased down Moralez and knocked him to the ground after the ball was stolen from him on a restart in the 43rd minute of Friday’s match. Moralez, taking exception to being blindsided by McCarty, immediately got to his feet and grabbed McCarty by his throat as the benches spilled onto the field.”

Question I couldn’t quickly find the answer to: has any NYCFC player ever had a multi game red card suspension? Just wonder how Dax’s 2 game suspension compares. Generally also strikes me as not enough but the other MLS ones I stumbled across were two 3-game suspensions for use of homophobic slurs and a 5-game suspension for an LA galaxy player who caused a season ending injury to a Portland player

For some reason I remember Federico Bravo getting a suspension. But I could be wrong about that. He might be the biggest hothead who's ever played here.