Home - Montreal 08/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, the way we play, everyone floats. Except for Pirlo apparently. But the other 4 midfielders float around.

And depending on who is behind Lampard, it doesn't bother me.

Kries clearly prefers the floating mid field approach. Last game though Calle mostly stayed locked in the wing and it worked well with Angelino. For the most part I'd rather see them play more traditional wing roles working as pairs Angelino/Calle and Iraola/Mix on overlaps. In year one with some many new players more defined roles just seems safer until these guys get used to each other. Kries can switch back to the float style next year after all these guys get a full training camp together.

Reactions: Kjbert
So people are just going to throw Tommy McNamara to the curb ? He has done great things for us so far.
My guess is that with that much age of Pirlo, Villa, Lamp etc and the aggressive style that AJ, Mix, Calle and Poku play at, T-Mac should be the first sub and probably a starter every other game. He won't get lost, he'll still see a lot of playing time for the rest of the season.

"Ringhio" Gattuso. Two feet like two drain covers, but seven lungs to protect "el gnäro de Fler" (the kid from Flero).

ahhh Baggio, one of the best, but most underrated (outside of Italy) footballers of all time.

Won't Villa be tired from MLS ASG?

Hopefully they don't play him for long. Too bad Villa can't claim that he hurt his wrist this past weekend and just skip it. The MLS all-star game is such a waste of time. I hate the idea that Villa needs to even spend time flying out there for that nonsense.

Reactions: Mack and Kjbert
Hopefully they don't play him for long. Too bad I can't claim that he hurt his wrist this past weekend and just skip it. The MLS all-star game is such waste of time. I hate the idea that Villa needs to even spend time flying out there for that nonsense.
Yeah it's the travel more so than the 45 minutes he will probably play that I am concerned with. Especially if he is going to be alone up top.

Yeah it's the travel more so than the 45 minutes he will probably play that I am concerned with. Especially if he is going to be alone up top.

Hopefully CFG hooks him up with a charter flight to at least minimize the impact of the travel.

Reactions: Mack and Kjbert
Anyone with tickets in the 100s interested in trading seats in the supporter section for this game? I really want to see what it's like down there!

To go back to what Pirlo said, he was used to playing a game every 3 days. I don't see where Villa, 4 years younger, couldn't do the same thing. Even though it's unlikely he'll see the field for more than 45 mins. JK said that if Mix went over 30mins on Saturday, he wouldn't play Sunday. Villa will have 2 days to recover from 45 mins of playing time. He will be fine.

Damn, I see Keane, Bradley and Gerrard have baled out of the match. C'mon David, "Lampard" this game!

That's bullshit. Is that true? I didn't see that. And while I understand that Keane and Gerrard have played a number of friendlies, open cup and MLS games of late, that's not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.