Home - Montreal 08/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirlo seemed pretty gassed after 30 minutes against Orlando. I am not expecting more than 60 from him against Montreal in the afternoon heat. Anyone else think the same? My prediction is Lampard in Pirlo out around the 60th minute with Mix dropping back to a deeper holding position and Lampard playing a more advanced central role.

Drobga is not expected to play in this game. He'll be making his debut versus the Red Bulls.

They have plenty of firepower in attack with piatti, oduro and duka. It's their defense on the road that fails them. Could be another shootout.

Reactions: JayH
I'm surprised that I haven't given my own score prediction yet. I have a strange feeling about this one. We're going to score a lot and we're going to score a lot early. Villa will be subbed out after 60' because he'll be "tired" from the All Star Game (and wants to be ready to go all out versus Red Bulls seven days later). I'm thinking Mullins, or Khiry, comes in his place. Mix get his hat trick I've been calling for all year, Pirlo assists on at least one of them. And Poku gets the goal he deserves. With Drogba not playing, Saunders keeps a clean sheet, pending we don't make any stupid mistakes in the box (cough TMac cough, it's okay bro, you're amazing). Finally, I couldn't give a shit how long or if Lampard plays.

NYCFC 4 - 0 Montreal
Diskerud, Diskerud, Poku, Diskerud

May the Soccer Gods hear my call: POKU!!!

I'm surprised that I haven't given my own score prediction yet. I have a strange feeling about this one. We're going to score a lot and we're going to score a lot early. Villa will be subbed out after 60' because he'll be "tired" from the All Star Game (and wants to be ready to go all out versus Red Bulls seven days later). I'm thinking Mullins, or Khiry, comes in his place. Mix get his hat trick I've been calling for all year, Pirlo assists on at least one of them. And Poku gets the goal he deserves. With Drogba not playing, Saunders keeps a clean sheet, pending we don't make any stupid mistakes in the box (cough TMac cough, it's okay bro, you're amazing). Finally, I couldn't give a shit how long or if Lampard plays.

NYCFC 4 - 0 Montreal
Diskerud, Diskerud, Poku, Diskerud

May the Soccer Gods hear my call: POKU!!!

It's gonna be like last week. The second half is gonna come and the heat catches up to them leaving a ton of holes and lanes. I think 4-5 goals.

LionNYC, that is a bold prediction my friend. I pray to the old gods and the new it comes true, and that NYCFC somehow comes up with just their 4th clean sheet of the yr, just their 2nd at home, AND only their 2nd since March. I will gladly buy you a beer of your choice if a clean sheet W happens. ill be in 236, with my blue "united we stand" flag draped around me, and third rail FC shirt on (navy blue, upper 90 sponsored).

Since David Villa returned to full time work after his injury, we are 5-3-3, including two wins over Montreal (an aggregate of 5-2). Now we are adding Pirlo, Lampard, Iraola, and Angelino.

NYC 3
MON 1

Reactions: joe
NYCFC 3-2 Montreal

'12 Villa (pen)
'39 Piatti
'68 Oduro
'80 Poku
'90+4 Lampard

I think Angelino scores this week. He has made some breathtaking runs in his short time here.
Don't scare me with that kind of talk. Let him get down there, get the ball into the middle and haul ass back to be ready for Odurro to come streaking at him.

Reactions: The Toe
Status
Not open for further replies.