Home - Revolution 03/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it seems there are 3 tactical options for Saturday.
  • W-M: this leaves us playing with only 3 in the back and without Matarrita, who covers the ground necessary to keep the formation from being defensively questionable.
  • 4-3-3, with Pirlo and Bravo in defensive midfield: this leaves us with only a single advanced midfielder to play the pressing defense we like upfield, but provides defensive cover for Pirlo and the rearranged back line.
  • 4-3-3, with Pirlo and two attacking mids (MacNaMullet and Lamp/Poku): this keeps us with 5 attacking players and allows us to pressure upfield, but lacks the defensive support for the Maestro.
Decisions... Decisions...

So, it seems there are 3 tactical options for Saturday.
  • W-M: this leaves us playing with only 3 in the back and without Matarrita, who covers the ground necessary to keep the formation from being defensively questionable.
  • 4-3-3, with Pirlo and Bravo in defensive midfield: this leaves us with only a single advanced midfielder to play the pressing defense we like upfield, but provides defensive cover for Pirlo and the rearranged back line.
  • 4-3-3, with Pirlo and two attacking mids (MacNaMullet and Lamp/Poku): this keeps us with 5 attacking players and allows us to pressure upfield, but lacks the defensive support for the Maestro.
Decisions... Decisions...

What about 3-5-2?

Back 3 of Iraola-Hernandez(Mena)-White(Mena)
Taylor-Mix-Pirlo-Tmac-Mendoza
Villa-Mullins(Poku)

It's probably defensive suicide as it leaves Pirlo as the lone 6 and Taylor and Mendoza are not defending wingbacks, but would sure be fun to watch going forward.

Waiting on confirmation but injury report likely to have Brandt, Harrison as Out, Lampard and Allen as Questionable.

Though for all intents and purposes you can put Lampard down as Out.

Waiting on confirmation but injury report likely to have Brandt, Harrison as Out, Lampard and Allen as Questionable.

Though for all intents and purposes you can put Lampard down as Out.
Surely you're not postponing other important endeavors while waiting for the injury report to drop.... it's just assumed at this point.

What about 3-5-2?

Villa-Mullins(Poku)

It's probably defensive suicide as it leaves Pirlo as the lone 6 and Taylor and Mendoza are not defending wingbacks, but would sure be fun to watch going forward.
No Mix this weekend.

What about 3-5-2?

Villa-Mullins(Poku)

I don't have anything against the 3-5-2. It's just that we haven't played it, nor has Vieira discussed it. We seem to be ready to roll out 3 formations: 4-3-3, 3-3-4, or W-M. Plus, if we do go 3-5-2, I think Bravo has to be one of the starters. In fact, I don't ever see us going 3 at the back without him in midfield.

Surely you're not postponing other important endeavors while waiting for the injury report to drop.... it's just assumed at this point.
Wow, you actually just reminded me to post the Know Your Opponent segment. I had forgotten about it.

I don't have anything against the 3-5-2. It's just that we haven't played it, nor has Vieira discussed it. We seem to be ready to roll out 3 formations: 4-3-3, 3-3-4, or W-M. Plus, if we do go 3-5-2, I think Bravo has to be one of the starters. In fact, I don't ever see us going 3 at the back without him in midfield.
I agree. PV seems to favor 3 forwards because it keeps the opposing outside defenders from bombing forward, especially with the speed we have to punish them. Maybe in the middle of the match he'll adjust to 2, but I think we start every game with 3.

No Mix this weekend.

Yes, brain fart on my part. I guess you put Bravo in Mix's position then and play Bravo-Pirlo-TMac as the 3 in the middle of the 5 in the 3-5-2. That would actually be more balanced.

But yeah, it's a what if as I haven't heard that PV has been practicing this formation. But would be worth a shot at least if he is wedded to 3 at the back.

Don't tell this to the supporters, otherwise it will be a Poku-gasm the entire game. I get it, they want him to enter the game, but it is getting annoying how people start chanting for him 20 minutes into the game. It's like they expect Poku to sprout wings and magically fly all over the pitch. He's a raw talent, but the deification of the Poku has to be cooled down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back