Jorge Teixeira Deal Finalized?

Guy was on a team with defenders from Haiti, Belgium, Denmark, Slovenia, Columbia, Cameroon, and Serbia so IDK how big of a language issue there is. English is the international language of Europe anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if half of Europeans were conversational in English plus you don't have to really have a conservation on the pitch anyway, you are just yelling your team cue words at each other.
Yeah, I'm always skeptical about the need for on-pitch linguistic cohesion. I do wonder if it's a factor off the pitch with regard to settling in on a personal level with the team or indeed a new city, though.

Reactions: AJS and Kjbert
In Portuguese, is it pronounced "Geor-Jah?" The announcer in the first video seems to pronounce Jorge like that.

And he would get to keep #5 with Brovsky gone.

EDIT: Found this from a Yahoo Answers post, so it must be true:

Some people have "Geor-Jah" on their minds.

not gonna lie i dont follow anyone outside of NYCFC....all i know is larin becuase he scored a freaking hat trick against us and eventually read all over how much of an impact player he was.

and to your point....ANYONE could of started in our team last year when you have brovsky, wingert, hernandez, as our starting XI
I'm getting the impression that this argument isn't really being made over the same things.

It seems like several people are saying the MLS draft cannot be relied upon for day 1 starters in general in comparison to the NFL / NBA drafts. Which I agree with.

But it seems like K Kjbert is saying that picking this year at #4, NYCFC should be able to get a day 1 impact player from the draft if drafting smartly, especially considering last year that there were 5 impact players in last year's draft. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Kjbert is saying that the draft in general can be relied upon for a day 1 impact player.

I won't pretend to know a whole ton about the transition from college to MLS, but reading about the prospect of Harrison, Yaro, and Vincent has me very excited if we can land one of them.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm getting the impression that this argument isn't really being made over the same things.

It seems like several people are saying the MLS draft cannot be relied upon for day 1 starters in general in comparison to the NFL / NBA drafts. Which I agree with.

But it seems like K Kjbert is saying that picking this year at #4, NYCFC should be able to get a day 1 impact player from the draft if drafting smartly, especially considering last year that there were 5 impact players in last year's draft. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Kjbert is saying that the draft in general can be relied upon for a day 1 impact player.

I won't pretend to know a whole ton about the transition from college to MLS, but reading about the prospect of Harrison, Yaro, and Vincent has me very excited if we can land one of them.

This is exactly what I am saying. You can't build a team through the draft, but with our selection, we should get a contributor for this season.

I don't know anything about the guy and I'm not about to go on YouTube and look for videos. Seems like everyone's highlight package is the best 10 minutes of their footballing life and then we get them and are disappointed. I really was disappointed we never got the South African guy Tefu, he actually did look solid.

Scouting report from a liege fan:

Bon défenseur ,solide, excellent de la tête offensivement et défensivement, mais aussi pas super rapide, et pas toujours bon à la relance.

Means:
Good defender , solid, excellent offensively and defensively head , but not super fast, and not always good for the recovery.

Scouting report from a liege fan:

Bon défenseur ,solide, excellent de la tête offensivement et défensivement, mais aussi pas super rapide, et pas toujours bon à la relance.

Means:
Good defender , solid, excellent offensively and defensively head , but not super fast, and not always good for the recovery.
Does this mean we might actually, once, get a headed goal from a CB off a set piece? I believe the next one will be in the first in team history.