Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Wingert being played over Angelino at the end of the year was a bit odd to me.

Angelino had 2 games in a row where he conceded a penalty and was promptly banished after that in place of Wingert. While everyone loves Angelino getting up the field, he was a disaster on his own end and Kreis must have thought that risk < reward, thus Wingy's in.

Whoa. I just defended Kreis. I better take my temperature and make sure I don't have a fever.

I assume this was autocorrect, but it delighted me anyway.
Haha...yes auto correct but instead of saying EFF them, I just say Jeff them....I think of "my name is Jeff"....from 22 Jump Street. Awful movie by the way. lol

Reactions: Kjbert
in what sense? Did I miss a new piece of news or are you implying something is questionable about his injury?
The latter. Was a very minor injury and he seemed to miss the playing squad for longer than it would entail. These discrete cues have so far held up in big news. Maybe I'm paranoid though

Just for reference, here is a list of all the guys who have won an MLS Cup:

Bruce Arena (5x)
Frank Yallop (2x)
Dominic Kinear (2x)
Sigi Schmid (2x)
Frank Yallop (2x)
Bob Bradley (1x)
Thomas Rongen (1x)
Bob Gansler (1x)
Piotr Nowak (1x)
Steve Sampson (1x)
Jason Kreis (1x)
Gary Smith (1x)
Peter Vermes (1x)

So for all the Kreis lovers who tout his 2009 win at RSL, why aren't you touting the 2 trophies Frank Yallop has? Or the one Gary Smith won with COLORADO in 2010? Dominic Kinnear won back to back titles with Houston.

Well first of all a lot of those coaches are pretty darn good. Frank Yallop won his cups back when it was much easier to win MLS cups, same with most of the others on this list. MLS wasn't nearly as good from the overall talent level as it is now. Back then if you had a good team chances are you were in the semi's every year.
Dominic Kenear is a good coach for sure. Bob Bradley we all know about. Steve Sampson Bob Ganglier, same thing, MLS CUP in the early 2000s was much different then it is now.

Peter Vermes, very good coach. Gary Smith eh. if you have any idea about Colorados win in 2010 then you will know not to compare Gary Smith with Kreis. Sigi Schmid again won his MLS cups with much worse teams in a different era. He has been a perennial under achiever with Seattle. If he doesn't at least get to MLS Cup this, he will be fired.

Mind you none of those guys built a team from the ground up like Kries did in RSL, made the playoffs 7 straight years, won MLS Cup, and was 1 goal away from winning the most coveted club trophy in this region that would dwarf 5 MLS Cups let alone one.

This is all quite simple. Go back through every single post on this thread and preface it with one of these two statements.

A) Kreis totally has the support of the players.

OR

B) Kreis has completely lost the support of the players.

Any argument to keep Kreis combined with a belief in B is crazy. Any argument to fire Kreis combined with a belief in A is crazy.

So logic.

If B, then Kreis must go. If A, then Kreis must stay.

Whether CFG set him up for success or failure, or he won too little, or he criticized players too much, or, or, or.

Doesn't matter. Just follow the simple logic above.

I, for one, if I had to bet, would bet that he had lost the support of the players. I.e., B, therefore, #kreisout.

This is all quite simple. Go back through every single post on this thread and preface it with one of these two statements.

A) Kreis totally has the support of the players.

OR

B) Kreis has completely lost the support of the players.

Any argument to keep Kreis combined with a belief in B is crazy. Any argument to fire Kreis combined with a belief in A is crazy.

So logic.

If B, then Kreis must go. If A, then Kreis must stay.

Whether CFG set him up for success or failure, or he won too little, or he criticized players too much, or, or, or.

Doesn't matter. Just follow the simple logic above.

I, for one, if I had to bet, would bet that he had lost the support of the players. I.e., B, therefore, #kreisout.
Would your conclusion change if you applied the quadratic equation to this?

We are an even bigger joke than Chivas was. And we absolutely deserve it. Kreis was set up to fail from the beginning. And now we will get some shithead City shill like Viera to replace him.

Last edited:
Wasn't his injury prognosis set at ~6-8 weeks out? Really, after the playoffs were out of the question, there would be no reason to play him the final two games.

Reactions: gbservis
Well first of all a lot of those coaches are pretty darn good. Frank Yallop won his cups back when it was much easier to win MLS cups, same with most of the others on this list. MLS wasn't nearly as good from the overall talent level as it is now. Back then if you had a good team chances are you were in the semi's every year.
Dominic Kenear is a good coach for sure. Bob Bradley we all know about. Steve Sampson Bob Ganglier, same thing, MLS CUP in the early 2000s was much different then it is now.

Peter Vermes, very good coach. Gary Smith eh. if you have any idea about Colorados win in 2010 then you will know not to compare Gary Smith with Kreis. Sigi Schmid again won his MLS cups with much worse teams in a different era. He has been a perennial under achiever with Seattle. If he doesn't at least get to MLS Cup this, he will be fired.

Mind you none of those guys built a team from the ground up like Kries did in RSL, made the playoffs 7 straight years, won MLS Cup, and was 1 goal away from winning the most coveted club trophy in this region that would dwarf 5 MLS Cups let alone one.

Wow, you have a TON of what ifs and excuses in there.

Tell me what Peter Vermees, Dominic Kinnear and Gary Smith have that Kreis didn't at RSL.

I don't know if I buy the whole we didn't make the playoffs so we fired you reason. I think there was a fallout between Kreis and CFG around the time of the Pirlo signing. I think there was pressure from above to play Lampard and Pirlo even if both were not match fit and other players I guess we will hear more in the next couple of days.

If there was a falling out like that then I think it was smart to move on. If there wasn't, then I think it is a very questionable call. You could have very easily let him go next year and give a new manager in 2017 a shot with two new DPs after Pirlo and Lampard are gone. I think any new manager is going to have a lot of the same problems that Kreis had last year. If we don't make the playoffs with a flaw roster next year are we going to fire him too?

Maybe the silver lining is that some of these RSL oldies will go.
After he thankings everyone except for CFG in his farewell...

Reactions: Kjbert