Lampard To Nycfc

Which of the Dps mentioned would gt us the media attention we're getting right now? We've had thousands of mentions on twitter alone in the last 3 hours from all over the world. If we all got our way, we'd have Messi, CR7, Zlatan and Bale. We can't yet so we're trying to get our name out there as THE CLUB in that people will think of when they hear MLS. Once we get going and as the cap rules get more flexible, we'll go with "younger" DPs. Plus we don't even know what the team around them is going to look like on the field.

Jason Kreis himself has said that if you put Leo Messi on the worst team in MLS, they're still the worst team in MLS. That's obviously an exaggeration but NYCFC has a long way to go. Our GK may or may not be starting quality, so as of right now we have 3 to 4 players in the Starting XI. We have one DP spot left which probably has to go to an American so that NYCFC retains some flexibility in bringing in Academy players. We can expect Lampard and Villa to shine and to work well together once they're used to each other but the other pieces as a whole will determine just how much freedom those two have to shine in MLS.
As of this morning, NYCFC can only sign 6 more non-Americans unless they start trading.

Which of the Dps mentioned would gt us the media attention we're getting right now? We've had thousands of mentions on twitter alone in the last 3 hours from all over the world. If we all got our way, we'd have Messi, CR7, Zlatan and Bale. We can't yet so we're trying to get our name out there as THE CLUB in that people will think of when they hear MLS. Once we get going and as the cap rules get more flexible, we'll go with "younger" DPs. Plus we don't even know what the team around them is going to look like on the field.

While I can accept the Lampard signing, does getting media attention in England and Asia on Twitter really help the team on the field or in the stands? Maybe it does, I don't think it does that much myself. NYC needs to worry about the future, about 90 minutes for 40 game schedule and team chemistry. The last DP needs to be just a great player, not just a name.

What a crybaby. He's the same as the MLB fans who cry about the Yanks. NYCFC is serious about putting out a championship team. Don't cry about it.

That's what you get with so many sites out there tiresome garbage. Proves how big an idiot he is by mentioning HESKEY in the same article!

As of this morning, NYCFC can only sign 6 more non-Americans unless they start trading.

While I can accept the Lampard signing, does getting media attention in England and Asia on Twitter really help the team on the field or in the stands? Maybe it does, I don't think it does that much myself. NYC needs to worry about the future, about 90 minutes for 40 game schedule and team chemistry. The last DP needs to be just a great player, not just a name.
I completely agree with you. But we still need to get our name out there. How many people knew that the team MC's reserves beat last night were the defending MLS champs? I bet you as far as "prestige" more people know us than SKC. But yes, our last DP signing should be someone who's a game changer on the field.

As I said in the shout box, this move gets you a larger typeface headline at the Guardian website. Whether or not that sells a ticket in NYC remains to be seen. But I did see thousands of people wearing US jerseys on 33rd street before and after every WCF match. Now since we know via simple math that all of them can't have NYCFC tickets, I'd have thought that would have been a good target demo.

Whatever. Nothing to do now but hope Zombie Lampard sticks to brown rice sushi.

From watching the Kreis piece on MLS Live, it seems like he is looking at two specific Academy players. 1 definite and 1 other guy he liked.

Uh, what? If this is a fat joke, then I feel incredibly bad because judging by the pictures today he is obviously in far better shape than I am.
Well yeah. It's kind of been a joke about him for more than a decade.

And yes, he's a much better physical specimen than me. But bitch can't touch me in Excel.

Reactions: Paul and einwindir
Are we sure Frank doesn't take up two slots? He is a pretty LARGE signing.
Honestly it's getting old.
If you don't think frank Lampard is an amazing signing for a club with no history and playing in the MLS then I can't respect anything you have to say about football.
He made 50! Yes.. 50 appearances last year with BPL, domestic cups, European competitions and international. Scored 11 goals combined. His age and fitness shouldn't even be discussed. I think he can handle playing a full season or at least the majority of one.

Honestly it's getting old.
If you don't think frank Lampard is an amazing signing for a club with no history and playing in the MLS then I can't respect anything you have to say about football.
He made 50! Yes.. 50 appearances last year with BPL, domestic cups, European competitions and international. Scored 11 goals combined. His age and fitness shouldn't even be discussed. I think he can handle playing a full season or at least the majority of one.

Let's not go overboard on that comment. It was a joke, pure and simple. Some of MM's other comments have been much more vitriolic as to Lampard, so maybe reply to those and let the more humorous ones go?

With that said, I agree with you... if he can avoid an injury he will likely be out on the field for most if not all of NYCFC matches next season and maybe wearing the captain's armband to boot.

I know I'm late to the party and it's probably been mentioned in this thread already but can somebody explain what happened with the 9/11 comments? I see it on twitter but no articles about.

I'm absolutely staggered by the sheer sense of entitlement among some people here.

You've just signed one of the most high profile footballers in Premier League history.

He might be 36, but he still plays to a high enough standard that he earned himself a spot in the England squad for the World Cup.

He is a central midfielder. It's not like you've just signed a 36 year old winger, that would be a bad move given wingers need athleticism to be successful. In the centre of midfield athleticism is less important, look at Pirlo, he's 35 but still regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe. He was Italy's best player at the World Cup.

Lampard is a highly intelligent player, he has more than enough ability to absolutely run your midfield and dictate the tempo of your whole team, he could be your Pirlo.

What were you guys expecting to greet this move with such negativity?

Iniesta? Kroos? Schweinsteiger? Rodriquez?!?

I really don't get it.

If this isn't about football and more about the 9/11 overblown controversy, then that's fair enough, but don't dress up your disdain as football based if that's the case, it's insincere.

I genuinely don't see how you could express such negativity at this transfer on a football basis.

This isn't Fifa 14.

EDIT: 36*

Last edited:
Yeah. So with 4 MCFC academy players who are almost certainly international, that's two spots left. Not much flexibility to build a roster around, but if you use up last DP that flex is almost gone.

If the players are good enough what more flexibility do you need ?

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm absolutely staggered by the sheer sense of entitlement among some people here.

You've just signed one of the most high profile footballers in Premier League history.

He might be 37, but he still plays to a high enough standard that he earned himself a spot in the England squad for the World Cup.

He is a central midfielder. It's not like you've just signed a 37 year old winger, that would be a bad move given wingers need athleticism to be successful. In the centre of midfield athleticism is less important, look at Pirlo, he's 35 but still regarded as one of the best midfielders in Europe. He was Italy's best player at the World Cup.

Lampard is a highly intelligent player, he has more than enough ability to absolutely run your midfield and dictate the tempo of your whole team, he could be your Pirlo.

What were you guys expecting to greet this move with such negativity?

Iniesta? Kroos? Schweinsteiger? Rodriquez?!?

I really don't get it.

If this isn't about football and more about the 9/11 overblown controversy, then that's fair enough, but don't dress up your disdain as football based if that's the case, it's insincere.

I genuinely don't see how you could express such negativity at this transfer on a football basis.

This isn't Fifa 14.

I can't say a word !!!
Lampard is too old, our academy players are too "City", etc etc

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I know I'm late to the party and it's probably been mentioned in this thread already but can somebody explain what happened with the 9/11 comments? I see it on twitter but no articles about.
A number of players, including Frank, were drunk on 9/12, and some Americans were in the hotel bar. Nothing I can find says that they were disparaging Americans or 9/11, it just stemmed from "they should not be partying and drunk in front of mourning Americans"

Reactions: Kjbert
This is an internet forum though as i was reminded earlier in the thread internet forums petty much exist for people to bitch and moan. Go to any club sides forum in the whole world and read the new kit thread and it will be full of page after page of how it's the worst kit in the history of the club if not game..

Reactions: einwindir