MLS Cup Playoffs 2016

Most dangerous lead in soccer

Well Jozy looks like he sealed it, 3-1.

Someone check if he took off his jersey with that celebration, that would be his second yellow...

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Blooper reel of a butcher job by the Philly D on that.

This is not a bad result for us. Yellows on two key players.

And this is the best outcome to get NJ knocked out. I like our odds better vs TOR than theirs over either MTL / DC (especially DC).
I wasn't keen on playing the last formation with Bravo in the Midfield, but I think he could get under Bradley's skin enough to draw that yellow. Or I'm sure Frank has a trick or two to light the fuse.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
This might end in a bloodbath
giphy.gif

My SAP is AWOL.

Nevermind. Phantom switch when I ffwd through the half.

and RB fans are pulling for Toronto to bounce us as they want no part of us anywhere near the Cup. They are terrified of having to deal with the possibility of us beating them in the playoffs #RedSuicideWatch

Anyone know how many fit w/o the upper deck?

Somewhere around 31-32,000.

FWIW, the team isn't planning to open the upper deck for a the playoff game (yet).

It's interesting. There aren't many tickets left as it is. I would have expected the 3rd deck to be open for sure, but maybe they want to see what scarcity does to the pricing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SportingNYC
and RB fans are pulling for Toronto to bounce us as they want no part of us anywhere near the Cup. They are terrified of having to deal with the possibility of us beating them in the playoffs #RedSuicideWatch
This is so interesting. Seems the same on both sides of the Hudson. We both relish/fantasize about the glory of beating the other but also intensely, agonizingly fear having the other be the team that bounces us. I think both sets of fans would probably opt for losing in the semis rather than losing to the rival in the conference finals.

That said, I think there will be way more pressure on NJ if we play them. They won the conference. They are 20 years old. They are expected to win. We've got all the upside.

This is so interesting. Seems the same on both sides of the Hudson. We both relish/fantasize about the glory of beating the other but also intensely, agonizingly fear having the other be the team that bounces us. I think both sets of fans would probably opt for losing in the semis rather than losing to the rival in the conference finals.

That said, I think there will be way more pressure on NJ if we play them. They won the conference. They are 20 years old. They are expected to win. We've got all the upside.
Everything you said and also because heated rival or not, it'd take a blind person to not admit NYCFC is a completely different, and far superior, team to the last one that played in the derby.