MLS Cup Playoffs - November 21 - Atlanta (Home)

the difference I think is that we are not “favorites” this time even as hosts with this inconsistent the team has been. even last year I think we were expected to beat Orlando.
Yes, though ATL ranks among the most disappointing teams of the season, too. Even more so than NYCFC (although less than LAFC). If you look at dollar value, big names, the fact that they went out and spent a lot of money on Luiz Araujo midseason, and still barely got into the playoffs. We have had a very solid season by comparison. Of course many teams including NER and the overachieving NSH and COL have had a season that has been way more solid than us, but in the eyes of most pundits ATL have been bad and we have been average, considering our squads and potential.

Reactions: Shwafta
Ha ha. well guess the playoff invoice is just a place holder then as they have the current place holder of:

New York City FC vs. Atlanta United FC
Sat • Nov 20, 2021 • 12:00 PM
Looks like the club will be charging Tier 2 prices (60% premium) for the first round of the playoffs. Clicking on the "2021 MLS Playoffs Round 1" invoice shows ticket as already paid with card on file. Some sort of dry run? Not exactly the best way to rebuild trust with the season ticket holder base.
NYCFC playoff invoice1.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Looks like the club will be charging Tier 2 prices (60% premium) for the first round of the playoffs. Clicking on the "2021 MLS Playoffs Round 1" invoice shows ticket as already paid with card on file. Some sort of dry run? Not exactly the best way to rebuild trust with the season ticket holder base.
View attachment 11535
Tier 2 prices are A LOT more than 2019 Eastern Conference Finals pricing...

One again, front office reaping money back rather than doing right by their fans (or following basic market pricing)

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
NYCFC’s 3 games against the Revs:

3-2 loss at RBA - got Matt Turner’d as he stops a penalty and makes 2-3 other ridiculous saves (Turner wins player of the week)
2-0 win at YS - completely dominate a weakened Revs side (no Gil or Tajon, Bou only plays 45)
2-1 loss at Gillette - NYCFC gets a red card and plays down a man for half the game. Game is tied 1-1 when NYCFC goes down a man.

Revs, as has been the case this year, just do enough.

Good post. I wouldn’t be worried of losing 4-0 to NER. More concerned of losing 1-0 and peppering Turner but getting nothing for it.

Reactions: Shwafta
FiveThirtyEight currently has us at 77% to 23% to advance vs. Atlanta

Did anybody else have their outstanding ticket balance drop today? I thought it may have been for playoff tickets, but those haven't popped up in my account yet. Also, I had some bonus credit on there that disappeared.

Did anybody else have their outstanding ticket balance drop today? I thought it may have been for playoff tickets, but those haven't popped up in my account yet. Also, I had some bonus credit on there that disappeared.
Yeah I don’t see it anymore, I hope they just apply that to the invoice. My ticket bank is also like over $800, so I’d want that applied too.

They subtracted $90 for the 1st round playoff game.

Shows up in my account under "PAID INVOICES"

Reactions: Higgs1
Looks like tickets are on sale Wednesday at 10AM!
1636466847556.png

I'm afraid to think about what pricing they're going to attempt.... If they want a full and packed stadium, they should keep it relatively lower. This game is set up perfectly for a huge crowd. Playoff game against Atlanta, another big team in the league, on a Sunday afternoon, not evening.

Interesting. That suggests there might not be a member pre-sale. Now, that might not be a big deal given availability this season.
They might pre-sale a few hours before general public? Though like you said, I really doubt they'll need a member pre-sale. Besides, I bought 4 tickets in 3 different sections and we all sat in the same section. I really wish it was an issue to deal with, but it isn't at least now.