Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. FC Dallas
Tuesday, September 14 7:30 PM ET
Yankee Stadium Red Bull Arena
YES App Yes Network App

Behind the non-supporter goal. However I never sit there anyway, I always walk around the stadium or sit in the bleacher area so I'm perpendicular to the field.

nice. that's where i sit on the 2nd level. i enjoy the birds eye tactical view. ha. i used to sit on the 1st level behind the same goal, but when we were attacking, i could never see what was going on with everyone standing up in front of me. 2nd level is nice.. good view. room to spread out. only pain is the good concessions are on the 1st level and you have to walk it all the way up to the second.

nice. that's where i sit on the 2nd level. i enjoy the birds eye tactical view. ha. i used to sit on the 1st level behind the same goal, but when we were attacking, i could never see what was going on with everyone standing up in front of me. 2nd level is nice.. good view. room to spread out. only pain is the good concessions are on the 1st level and you have to walk it all the way up to the second.
Not a fan of the behind the goal views in general ;)

I agree with you on the tactical view, I often site behind the goal on the supporters section side, 2nd level. I think it is section 234.

Other times I do what Schwafta said, just walk around the stadium. Or stand with a beer where that group of bars and food court is.

Reactions: moogoo
reminds me of my playing days as a CB. so it's a familiar view for me.
Hah, I guess that would explain it then! I prefer the sideline view, you can see a lot more of what's happening in my opinion. To each his own though!

I like my seats in 205, as they are about the only sideline seats that give a high vantage point and are still close to the pitch. The downside is being well off center (the seats are about at the end of the penalty area), but in my mind the closeness to the sideline is well worth it.

I like my seats in 205, as they are about the only sideline seats that give a high vantage point and are still close to the pitch. The downside is being well off center (the seats are about at the end of the penalty area), but in my mind the closeness to the sideline is well worth it.
That's why I like 202-204 except that there's just no back to the seats.

That's why I like 202-204 except that there's just no back to the seats.
Yes, and the stadium curvature pulls back a bit from the sideline there and they also aren’t as high up as other 200 seats.

That said, they are still good seats. I’ve been there before and enjoyed.

Reactions: moogoo
It would be great if this game can still be in Yankee Stadium. Hopefully the front office is doing that rather than moving to RBA. That being said, the Yankees are better now and likely in the postseason so the stadium dates available may be less

Reactions: Kjbert
It would be great if this game can still be in Yankee Stadium. Hopefully the front office is doing that rather than moving to RBA. That being said, the Yankees are better now and likely in the postseason so the stadium dates available may be less
This one was going to be moved somewhere because the yanks rescheduled to 9/13 though.

I found the language in the latest email to be interesting. They said it was subject to being moved, but didn’t say for sure or where. Makes me wonder if they are trying to find a more convenient venue than Red Bull Arena. Not sure where that would be, though, as the Mets are at home.

I found the language in the latest email to be interesting. They said it was subject to being moved, but didn’t say for sure or where. Makes me wonder if they are trying to find a more convenient venue than Red Bull Arena. Not sure where that would be, though, as the Mets are at home.

I wonder if they delay it for later in the season, although the only option to guarantee a game at Yankee Stadium is the first week in November since the Yankees are now making a run.