October 22nd Game Moved to Citi Field

It just seemed that they could get the stadium ready for the on the 22nd if they were eliminated but they don't want to risk Yankees going to the World Series and then NYCFC having to make a change in venue just a few days before the match.

But if they make it to the World Series, how would it conflict with the playoffs?

I posted about all the conflicts on the previous page.

Edit: page 5

If the Yankees advance, I can’t see us playing a single playoff match at YS until at least the conference championship, if we make it that far. They don’t advance, and we probably play the knockout game at home if we don’t get the bye, and then we’d be at home for the first leg of the conf semi-final. If we get the bye, then we play at citi cause of fucking Rutgers.

That being said, is citi Field really that bad? It sucks a bit more than Yankee stadium for me cause I have to take 2 trains instead of 1, but it’s still not that big of a deal. If we play playoff matches there, I wonder if they will seat us appropriately based on our current STH location, or if they’ll pull this refund stunt.

And now, we understand why the pricing for City Members playoff tickets for the knockout and semifinal matches were the same price as regular matches! Cause they knew they might have to relocate those matches from Yankee stadium to citi Field!

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
It sucks that the team is getting knocked out of its own stadium, but can we be honest for a second?

Citi Field is a far superior ballpark to Yankee Stadium. The ushers are friendlier, the food good, compared to mostly unedible at YS, entrance and exit is way less a pain ... Citi Field is a great place to watch a game, far better than Yankee Stadium.

And moving it within the city, everyone with tickets should absolutely make sure to go to this game, to show the club that we're able to support the team in Queens or the Bronx.

It sucks that the team is getting knocked out of its own stadium, but can we be honest for a second?

Citi Field is a far superior ballpark to Yankee Stadium. The ushers are friendlier, the food good, compared to mostly unedible at YS, entrance and exit is way less a pain ... Citi Field is a great place to watch a game, far better than Yankee Stadium.

And moving it within the city, everyone with tickets should absolutely make sure to go to this game, to show the club that we're able to support the team in Queens or the Bronx.

I wouldn't say that but the way its configured it might be better for soccer, even if slightly.

I wouldn't say that but the way its configured it might be better for soccer, even if slightly.

I went to Citi when the Yankees played a series there against Tampa -- I had more fun at Citi Field than I've ever had at Yankee Stadium. It's not even close that Citi Field is better IMO.

Reactions: Kjbert
If the Yankees advance, I can’t see us playing a single playoff match at YS until at least the conference championship, if we make it that far. They don’t advance, and we probably play the knockout game at home if we don’t get the bye, and then we’d be at home for the first leg of the conf semi-final. If we get the bye, then we play at citi cause of fucking Rutgers.

That being said, is citi Field really that bad? It sucks a bit more than Yankee stadium for me cause I have to take 2 trains instead of 1, but it’s still not that big of a deal. If we play playoff matches there, I wonder if they will seat us appropriately based on our current STH location, or if they’ll pull this refund stunt.

And now, we understand why the pricing for City Members playoff tickets for the knockout and semifinal matches were the same price as regular matches! Cause they knew they might have to relocate those matches from Yankee stadium to citi Field!
I don't think its a stunt. There is no way to properly correlate your seat with some seat at Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Disappointed at the number of people trying to play up the positives in this (or are even excited!) because it's a better commute, or a 'showcase for Willets Point', or not fucking Connecticut or whatever.

We just moved what might be our most important game of the regular season to another stadium with 10 days notice. This is a complete fucking disaster.

Am I right in saying that if we miss the #2 seed and the Yankees make the World Series there's a chance we won't play at Yankee Stadium again this season?
I just don't see the point in being pissed off about it. I get that there's a chance that lighting a fire underneath the club might motivate them to do better by us, but the situation is already dire and I don't think they could be doing anything more to prevent or mitigate this situation. And if you think they could be, I'd interested in hearing about that, as I'm sure they would be too.

FWIW, my understanding is that this was a MLB mandate, not NYY. The home office technically takes control of everything in the playoffs.

Perhaps the Yankees would have made the same decision either way, but I don't think this one is officially on then.

Do we have confirmation as to what food venues will be available? Will the bars/beers/food area behind center field all be open? I just want to make sure Shake Shack and many delicious beers and drinks will be available before celebrating a game at a better overall venue.

out as in your going to the game? or out as in your never going to an nycfc game?

Out for the rest of the season. And I'm PISSED that they have my money for the playoffs already. I love Citi Field. I was willing to overlook the Hartford fiasco.

But I want to sit in my own fucking seats and watch my own fucking team with the other fucking fans I enjoy the match with.

Out for the rest of the season. And I'm PISSED that they have my money for the playoffs already. I love Citi Field. I was willing to overlook the Hartford fiasco.

But I want to sit in my own fucking seats and watch my own fucking team with the other fucking fans I enjoy the match with.

I get it, but I hope you will reconsider. The team needs you there. The other fans need you there. This is the push for the big prize.

Anybody get an email with the code??? Didn’t somebody say the sale starts this morning at 10am?

maybe because im in bleachers GA im not too caught up this time

Reactions: Jock