October 22nd Game Moved to Citi Field

Ok I’m getting ahead of myself here, but still....

if we fall to third place we’ll have to play the knockout game Oct 25th or 26th. If the Yankees make the World Series those dates run from Oct. 24- Nov. 1. So we will either have to play that on the road or be back at Citi.

If we have the bye or advance from the knockout stage to the conference semis the dates are Oct. 30th or Oct. 31st for leg 1 and Nov. 5th for leg 2. So leg 1 will still be during the World Series and leg 2 will be the day after Rutgers plays a game at Yankee Stadium. It has already been said they most likely won’t be able to flip the stadium intime for soccer. So I guess we’ll be back at citi for the conference semis if the Yanks keep advancing.

In sum, if the Yankees make the World Series we will most likely be at citi field for two thirds of our playoff matches. What a fucking joke.

For the love of god Go Astros.

Those saying it's not bad...I want to sit in my f'n seats. I like my seats. Maybe if I had crap tickets I'd care less, but I want to sit in my seats.

Fitting. This could be a pseudo Pirlo send off game where he scores a meaningless goal in Queens lol.

Those saying it's not bad...I want to sit in my f'n seats. I like my seats. Maybe if I had crap tickets I'd care less, but I want to sit in my seats.

Fitting. This could be a pseudo Pirlo send off game where he scores a meaningless goal in Queens lol.

i would not say meaningless .....we could still be fighting for second and that bye

Yes and that makes this is even more absurd. Fighting for position on a foreign field.

true....i guess atmosphere wise it will be disadvantage but not really in terms of field conditions MLS as a whole gives you a little bit of everything

The 7 train is where I learned the truth about despair, as will you.

im going to assume weekdays its hell but weekends even with the work they are doing on the 22nd its been alright not too bad

Pre sale Friday the 13th for founding members and city members at 10am other ticket holders and Mets season tickets holders monday the 16th, public sale the 17th

Disappointed at the number of people trying to play up the positives in this (or are even excited!) because it's a better commute, or a 'showcase for Willets Point', or not fucking Connecticut or whatever.

We just moved what might be our most important game of the regular season to another stadium with 10 days notice. This is a complete fucking disaster.

Am I right in saying that if we miss the #2 seed and the Yankees make the World Series there's a chance we won't play at Yankee Stadium again this season?

Disappointed at the number of people trying to play up the positives in this (or are even excited!) because it's a better commute, or a 'showcase for Willets Point', or not fucking Connecticut or whatever.

We just moved what might be our most important game of the regular season to another stadium with 10 days notice. This is a complete fucking disaster.

Am I right in saying that if we miss the #2 seed and the Yankees make the World Series there's a chance we won't play at Yankee Stadium again this season?

That looks to be how the match work out.

Pre sale Friday the 13th for founding members and city members at 10am other ticket holders and Mets season tickets holders monday the 16th, public sale the 17th

where you getting this? i havent gotten any email yet