October 22nd Game Moved to Citi Field

Disappointed at the number of people trying to play up the positives in this (or are even excited!) because it's a better commute, or a 'showcase for Willets Point', or not fucking Connecticut or whatever.

We just moved what might be our most important game of the regular season to another stadium with 10 days notice. This is a complete fucking disaster.

Am I right in saying that if we miss the #2 seed and the Yankees make the World Series there's a chance we won't play at Yankee Stadium again this season?

If the Yankees keep playing then it is a virtual lock that we are not back in YS until the WS is over (and the match has to be at least 3-4 days after the last Yankees WS game). So you're not back at YS until conference finals (maybe??)

Reactions: Kjbert
Disappointed at the number of people trying to play up the positives in this (or are even excited!) because it's a better commute, or a 'showcase for Willets Point', or not fucking Connecticut or whatever.

We just moved what might be our most important game of the regular season to another stadium with 10 days notice. This is a complete fucking disaster.

Am I right in saying that if we miss the #2 seed and the Yankees make the World Series there's a chance we won't play at Yankee Stadium again this season?

I can't rep this enough. The club has given up 2 home games - their 2 last home games of the season! Disaster all around.

giphy.gif

Thinking about our next actual home game...

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
Ok. I’ve been traveling on business a ton this year so I deferred a lot of my Season tickets to the Columbus game expecting to take my 9 yr old and a group of his buddies to the season finale at YS. I even paid $ to change a flight to accommodate this. Looks like I’m the fool. This is very poor customer relations. Give me a number to call. I’m pissed.

https://nyti.ms/2z3CE2z

The article mentions that even if the Yankees swept the Astros, the stadium would need to be prepared for the World Series, and any Yankees practices preceding it.

There you have it, if the Yankees go to the WS, Yankee Stadium is unavailable to NYCFC. So if this is reported in the Times, why doesn't NYCFC just come out and say it?

I'd say even more than that. Last Yankees game in ALCS is Oct 18th. Game on 22nd is a no-go.

It just seemed that they could get the stadium ready for the on the 22nd if they were eliminated but they don't want to risk Yankees going to the World Series and then NYCFC having to make a change in venue just a few days before the match.

But if they make it to the World Series, how would it conflict with the playoffs?

Are the seats in the outfield bleachers? Interested in the "midfield" section in the 130s but not if they are bleachers like the outfield at YS.
No, they're all seats. No bleachers.

Reactions: canchon
If the Yankees keep playing then it is a virtual lock that we are not back in YS until the WS is over (and the match has to be at least 3-4 days after the last Yankees WS game). So you're not back at YS until conference finals (maybe??)
So let’s go with the worst case scenario and we don’t get back in to YS until Conference finals (at best) and are Wanderers for the first game(s). This is going to completely FCK UP the playoff ticketing. NYCFC already has a Credit Card debut process ready to go for the playoffs. If we’re not at YS, are we going to have to purchase new seats for each Roving match? And if so, is it likely we then won’t be able to guarantee same seats wherever we’re Squatting?

Reactions: adam and canchon
So let’s go with the worst case scenario and we don’t get back in to YS until Conference finals (at best) and are Wanderers for the first game(s). This is going to completely FCK UP the playoff ticketing. NYCFC already has a Credit Card debut process ready to go for the playoffs. If we’re not at YS, are we going to have to purchase new seats for each Roving match? And if so, is it likely we then won’t be able to guarantee same seats wherever we’re Squatting?

Well, I'd like to know how they justify the $440 per ticket I'll be paying for the Knockout Round or Eastern Conference Semifinals somewhere else beside Yankee Stadium. Connecticut didn't have Pitchside seating next to the benches and neither does Citi Field.

We're the laughing stock of the league.

Pre sale Friday the 13th for founding members and city members at 10am other ticket holders and Mets season tickets holders monday the 16th, public sale the 17th
Where is this info? I didn’t see it in the initial email they sent.