Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

Ehh if I had to make a judgement call I would say that on the USMNT level US soccer is in a place where we can start going for people like Pelligrini and Pep. Our international team is considered a major soccer power and after the Klinsmann contract runs out we will probably be seeing a lot of rumor around very big names.

But then again that's what happens when the result that won't get you fired is making the round of 16 at the World Cup.

Look our current FIFA ranking is 32, and that is after a serious run of terrible form. At least on a national team basis the US can play with the big boys. In a match against the big boys like Germany we will probably loose, but the game will not be easy for Germany.

"the game will not be easy for Germany"...you tell that to the Brazil team in 2014 :) btw, we got beaten up easily by Brazil in 2015 friendly. the US national team is a second tier team at best. and I think we have regressed since the world cup. The older generation is fading out and i don't see too many emerging talents. The emerging talents we were talking about in 2013/14 are not rising up as we expected. I still think Jurgen is a net positive for US soccer, however, if Ancelotti is still available, we should dump him for Ancelotti anytime(maybe he can/should keep his technical director job to devote to program building, his stronger suit).

Nothing more that the usual internet village idiots flexing their muscles. So PV would move on to a bigger and better position if he's successful with NYCFC.......just like 19 other coaches and any number of player in MLS.

I agree Kjbert. If Vieira was sent here with no intentions of giving him the Manchester job, the narrative would have been CFG doesn't care about NYC so they're dumping their EDS coach. No that they're dangling the MCFC job in front of him, he has the massive motivation to do the best possible job he can here for 3 years. Foreign managers have no pressure in MLS. There's no relegation and if you fail you don't have to care because you can always go back to Europe and coach a lower tier team. This is Vieira's chance to coach a title contender so you know he's going to do his best in NYC. Let the twitter/reddit circlejerk exchange digital fluid and just ignore Alexi Lalas who's still bitter about his failure in NJ

I swear the gall of redbull fans to talk shit about NYCFC or any other team for that matter when the only reason for their team existing is MARKETING, and they share the same colors, emblem, and name as four other teams in crappy leagues, except for one. Him taking a gulp of redbull was icing on the cake LOL....and their best young players like their academy player that got scooped up by MAN U today, and they call us a farm team. lol

Reactions: Vallos and Kjbert
They conveniently ignore the fact that Miazga would be at Liepzig now if he hadn't blown his trial in the middle east.
Exactly right. I remember when he was training with them all of the redbull fans were pissed and were shouting #REDBULLOUT saying things like "they are taking our best players, redbull NY is second even third fiddle..etc etc.." Yet they call us Man City B, Man City lite etc....listen I get it, fans should take jabs at each other and that is all great but if any team should not resort to Man City lite comments its the redbulls.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
BTW Rob Vartughian seems to be involved in the Piotr Novak rookie hazing mini scandal from the Philly days so he might not be around come March.

Reactions: Kjbert
It might as well be.
I knew it was meant as a joke. But it may turn out to be true and was meant for serious business. Think about it. Pep will have pretty much accomplished everything a European coach could possibly accomplish. He will be bored and may decide he wants some exotic alternative club experience, what's better than coaching a NYC club? This is an option that costs City nothing, with zero intrinsic value to Pep right now. But given time, the option could become in the money for Pep so Man City threw it in there as part of throwing everything on the wall strategy in luring Pep over, after all, it costs nothing. Pep may value it or may not, but it does not hurt to throw it in there.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
BTW Rob Vartughian seems to be involved in the Piotr Novak rookie hazing mini scandal from the Philly days so he might not be around come March.

i just heard about this and saw a thread about it in big soccer and damn thats some messed up stuff. I mean novak is never coaching here in the US ever but is there any other punishment that can be given out? what about the Union? i feel if punishment is given out they need some as well.

Reactions: Kjbert
i just heard about this and saw a thread about it in big soccer and damn thats some messed up stuff. I mean novak is never coaching here in the US ever but is there any other punishment that can be given out? what about the Union? i feel if punishment is given out they need some as well.

The Unions w/t/l record isn't punishment enough?