Patrick Vieira Appointed As NYCFC Coach

Patrick Vieira's first coaching job is with Man City reserves. Zidane's first coaching job is with Real Madrid reserves. There seems to be a disparity in the recent progression of the two guys ... or maybe Vieira will replace Pellegrini.

Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg

Patrick Vieira's first coaching job is with Man City reserves. Zidane's first coaching job is with Real Madrid reserves. There seems to be a disparity in the recent progression of the two guys ... or maybe Vieira will replace Pellegrini.

Laughing-Hard-Meme-07.jpg
But wouldn't you say the progression is proportional to their status when they were players? Yes they won the cup as a team but the whole world knows it was Zidane. The guy was so talented. The next cup, his hot-headed headbutt cost France their 2nd World Cup

They played different positions. Zidane carried that team. We agree. But Vieira was no slouch.
agreed. although i suspect Zidane's hot temperament makes his head coaching job harder sometimes but who knows. Mourinho's personality is not that great either but he had a lot of success (although not lately).

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
agreed. although i suspect Zidane's hot temperament makes his head coaching job harder sometimes but who knows. Mourinho's personality is not that great either but he had a lot of success (although not lately).
Nowak spanked his players and then iced his hand..... Zidane will head-butt his and then get a drink.

Reactions: Kjbert
But wouldn't you say the progression is proportional to their status when they were players? Yes they won the cup as a team but the whole world knows it was Zidane. The guy was so talented. The next cup, his hot-headed headbutt cost France their 2nd World Cup

So you are equating the proportional difference in progression between Vieira and Zidane to NYCFC and Madrid? I think not.

Reactions: Kjbert
I was really surprised we didn't have any sort of NYCFC video of Vieira landing in NY, etc. for promotional purposes. This, I'm pretty sure, is the first evidence we have of him making it over to the States, which I was certain the team would announce or photograph somehow. Good to know he's here at least.

Checking a watch and looking at a phone w/ lots of chins propped up. There's even a guy yawning in the upper corner. With one pick, this has got to be simply an obligatory visit because there are what, 5 guys they are even considering... and they should have already watched every bit of film on them before this week.

That image has so much meme potential.

I was really surprised we didn't have any sort of NYCFC video of Vieira landing in NY, etc. for promotional purposes. This, I'm pretty sure, is the first evidence we have of him making it over to the States, which I was certain the team would announce or photograph somehow. Good to know he's here at least.

I mean he's a World Cup winning...player