Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I am still pretty optimistic that itll be right by Yankee stadium.

As much as I think that the stadium should be built in Flushing, let's face it, many stadiums throughout the US and the rest of the world aren't sitting right outside of a train station. Has anyone been to San Siro, it's a long walk from the train that thousands of people do before and after the game. Juventus stadium is a ridiculous bus ride from the train. Tens of thousands do it. Even the walk from some of the parking lots to Red Bull stadium is ridiculously long. It'll suck if that's the case, but we'll do it for our team.

NYCFC in Queens is not going to happen.
dead-horse.gif

Is the Pier 40 location also dead?

I don't think it was ever alive. Pier 40 is prime real estate, to a magnitude above and beyond the other locations considered. I don't think the city government would ever be willing to allow a stadium be built there, even for all the money in the world. I think it was more of a fantasy rumour than a serious story. Even the original story about it acknowledged that it would surely never happen.

Reactions: Homer
It always seems such a waste to build a stadium for so much money for just one team. It has to be soccer-specific, I agree with that, but why not partner with a university such as NYU or Columbia to build some excellent university facilities?

The university provides the land, CFG provides the funds for the facilities, they agree to a 30-year lease to NYCFC for free and grant NYCFC complete scheduling priority, control over naming rights, and stadium decoration rights. The university gets excellent facilities for free and a foundation to boost their soccer prestige.

I'm not sure if any university just has some good land laying around, but it has to be an easier route than buying a bankrupt parking garage and buying out a factory.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
It always seems such a waste to build a stadium for so much money for just one team. It has to be soccer-specific, I agree with that, but why not partner with a university such as NYU or Columbia to build some excellent university facilities?

The university provides the land, CFG provides the funds for the facilities, they agree to a 30-year lease to NYCFC for free and grant NYCFC complete scheduling priority, control over naming rights, and stadium decoration rights. The university gets excellent facilities for free and a foundation to boost their soccer prestige.

I'm not sure if any university just has some good land laying around, but it has to be an easier route than buying a bankrupt parking garage and buying out a factory.
Sport specific stadiums are considered a superior fan experience then a multi-sport stadiums and building a stadium of any kind in the city is damn near impossible at this point.

Sport specific stadiums are considered a superior fan experience then a multi-sport stadiums and building a stadium of any kind in the city is damn near impossible at this point.

I agreed that it should be soccer specific. I just don't see why it can't be shared with other soccer teams (except for league rivals who are outside the city limits). Universities have soccer teams and already own land, and they usually would want to improve their facilities if they had access to additional money, so we should partner up.

~25k stadium, and the university team can close off the end line stands to shrink it to ~15k max for their games.

Last edited:
I agreed that it should be soccer specific. I just don't see why it can't be shared with other soccer teams (except for league rivals who are outside the city limits). Universities have soccer teams and already own land, so we should partner up.
I'm sure NYCFC will negotiate with colleges and others to have them play games in the new stadium to, if nothing else to fill dates.

Last edited:

Something like this?

BakerField.jpg

The Baker Athletic Complex is a beautiful location, but I don't see them allowing a new SSS being built there.
If the school was interested at all I'd imagine it would have to be football as well as soccer.

Reactions: Goodfella
I agreed that it should be soccer specific. I just don't see why it can't be shared with other soccer teams (except for league rivals who are outside the city limits). Universities have soccer teams and already own land, and they usually would want to improve their facilities if they had access to additional money, so we should partner up.

~25k stadium, and the university team can close off the end line stands to shrink it to ~15k max for their games.

Having two teams playing on the same pitch generally ends up destroying the pitch, leaving you with terrible quality grass by the end of the year which has to be replaced for a six-figure sum every 12 months. That's why most teams don't like letting other teams share their facilities.

Reactions: Across the Pond
Something like this?

View attachment 449

The Baker Athletic Complex is a beautiful location, but I don't see them allowing a new SSS being built there.
If the school was interested at all I'd imagine it would have to be football as well as soccer.
That is a beautiful location and it could certainly work as a soccer and football stadium, they would just have to remove the track and build seats there, CFG then could build columbia a new track and field facility somewhere

Reactions: sbrylski
That is a beautiful location and it could certainly work as a soccer and football stadium, they would just have to remove the track and build seats there, CFG then could build columbia a new track and field facility somewhere

And then Manhattan would have to be completely redesigned to make it possible for people to get there.

And then Manhattan would have to be completely redesigned to make it possible for people to get there.
I remember what a trek it was when I went to go visit my cousin when she was going to school there, but more importantly the locals would pitch a fit at the idea of having a stadium there.

too much field wear sharing it with others...not even like nycfc need the money so i doubt there will be anyone else playing in their stadium...unless they host the college soccer finals or something like that or maybe have fdny nypd soccer have their annual game there

Okay what about the park next to Yankee Stadium, that has the space and transportation, we can use Yankees Parking lot for the cars.

too much field wear sharing it with others...not even like nycfc need the money so i doubt there will be anyone else playing in their stadium...unless they host the college soccer finals or something like that or maybe have fdny nypd soccer have their annual game there
That would be great to stamp ourselves as NYC's team.

Okay what about the park next to Yankee Stadium, that has the space and transportation, we can use Yankees Parking lot for the cars.
You mean where old Yankee Stadium used to be and was the replacement parkland for the one the Yankees used to build the new stadium on? That's not going to happen since Parks are at a premium in that area and the community will loath giving it up for yet another stadium.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan