The View From 226

And I thought I was the only one who got stuck getting out of Harrison for an hour and a half. To be clear, it happened to me in 2014 on a cold Wednesday night (and the stadium was about 1/4 full). I hope to never drive to another soccer game (except, perhaps, this year's MLS all star game against the Gunners).

Waiting on commentary on the last match like...

giphy.gif

Waiting on commentary on the last match like...

giphy.gif
Uh oh. Unfortunately the early start yesterday meant I couldn't watch the match live. IMG hasn't been posting replays for something like 72 hours, by which point it feels like old news. I expect I will get to see the match this Saturday live and then post this weekend. And, of course, once the season starts, we won't have these problems. I think we are going to be able to do some good stuff on Chicago.

Here's footage of our trip to the first match in Chicago. There's a teaser at the end of our next video, which we are quite excited about and which will launch soon.

Very excited to launch Leah's one on one sit down interview with newest NYCFC player, Andre Rawls. Hope you enjoy. For what it is worth, he is a fantastic guy who handled this incredibly well and we were most appreciative.

We beat them last year with less. Going to be very interesting to see how this defense and system fares. If we can come away with 3 points from this matchup, that will be additional incentive for the team to buy into the Vieira philosophy. It's early in the season but having success against a very well organized team like Toronto will have a great impact. Especially for the young guys who want to show and prove.

We beat them last year with less. Going to be very interesting to see how this defense and system fares. If we can come away with 3 points from this matchup, that will be additional incentive for the team to buy into the Vieira philosophy. It's early in the season but having success against a very well organized team like Toronto will have a great impact. Especially for the young guys who want to show and prove.
I'm not going to suggest we're could lose this game, because we're about to go on a massive win-streak bender, but IF we were to lose, it will be imperative that the players and system get a large number of shots off and simply be the victim of bad luck/good positioning by the keeper. There were periods last year where the team barely registered any shots on goal, and that was troubling to the N-th degree, because it showed the system was not affording the players the opportunity to win. The players will keep faith in PV's system if they're getting good looks and opportunities while only suffering at the hands of the randomness of inches. The caveat being though that if we play our true 1st team defense and still get run into the ground, then there's going to have to be some adjustments to the system. That said, we'd be crazy to think over the course of the season there won't be any adjustments.

Last edited: