The View From 226

Has anyone else noticed how our results have dropped off a cliff since Leah was a regular on the show?
It is becoming clearer that we need to find a way to integrate her. Then again, she's been at all the matches but for the second Chicago match and, sadly, hasn't managed to inspire a win. Hopefully we'll do something today that she'll want to talk about!

It is becoming clearer that we need to find a way to integrate her. Then again, she's been at all the matches but for the second Chicago match and, sadly, hasn't managed to inspire a win. Hopefully we'll do something today that she'll want to talk about!

I think the players must've become disheartened knowing that there wouldn't be any chance of being interviewed by her.

More seriously though, still really enjoying your videos. Think you've absolutely hit the nail in terms of length, use of video replays, tactical analysis etc. KUTGW.

I think the players must've become disheartened knowing that there wouldn't be any chance of being interviewed by her.

More seriously though, still really enjoying your videos. Think you've absolutely hit the nail in terms of length, use of video replays, tactical analysis etc. KUTGW.
Thanks. Really appreciate the kind words. It's been a fun thing to do each week.

Unfortunately, the team hasn't offered us any further access after her hard hitting spot with Andre Rawls earlier this year. I'm still hopeful we will get some fun opportunities though.

Thanks. Really appreciate the kind words. It's been a fun thing to do each week.

Unfortunately, the team hasn't offered us any further access after her hard hitting spot with Andre Rawls earlier this year. I'm still hopeful we will get some fun opportunities though.

At least someone is asking the questions that we all want. First time I've seen a goalkeeper interview all season long.

Here is this week's review. Leah is back from her strike now that we've won, so she gives her own tactical advice at the beginning and then rants at the end.

Reactions: Falastur and Hobo
Here is this week's preview video. Leah has been suspended for one week, Kei Kamara-style, for her verbal tirade against Frank Lampard in last week's video.

Did she get traded away to a new family in New England as well? :p
Not yet. We are still trying to negotiate the parameters of a deal involving five different commodities that nobody is capable of really valuing.

Actually, we'll keep her. She's pretty fun. Plus it would kill viewership.

Reactions: JCMore
Here is this week's preview video. Leah has been suspended for one week, Kei Kamara-style, for her verbal tirade against Frank Lampard in last week's video.

You should use her fine towards a better graphics package. I have a hunch that Diego Martinez will be replacing Bravo.

You should use her fine towards a better graphics package. I have a hunch that Diego Martinez will be replacing Bravo.
Interesting. I've heard and thought of a variety of ideas, but not Martinez. Maybe.

As for the graphics, it is mostly just a question of how much time we have to put into these given other real life responsibilities.

Below are our last two videos - Leah responding to Mike Francesa and this week's derby preview.

Reactions: Vallos
Good stuff.

I am on the fence about whether it's better to have Iraola or Lopez at CDM. I thought Iraola was really good on Sunday, but it isn't his natural position. Still, wouldn't it be better to have him helping with the high press instead of Lopez, whose passing skills aren't as strong?

Interesting question about Hernandez. When do we find out when he reports?

Good stuff.

I am on the fence about whether it's better to have Iraola or Lopez at CDM. I thought Iraola was really good on Sunday, but it isn't his natural position. Still, wouldn't it be better to have him helping with the high press instead of Lopez, whose passing skills aren't as strong?

Interesting question about Hernandez. When do we find out when he reports?
I couldn't find anything conclusive on Hernandez when I recorded it, so not sure there. In part, I just wanted to talk about Mena for a few seconds since I like him. Or, at least I did last year -- I have no opinion on him this year so far since we haven't seen him.

I genuinely don't know on Iraola and Lopez. I agree that Iraola helps us get out of the back, but I can't stand watching him play defense and he doesn't provide sideline to sideline coverage which seems important against at team with good wings like Burito and Plata. On the other hand, Lopez is so brutal with the ball. I think I mostly just miss Bravo.

Here's my preview of Saturday's match against Philly because, with NYCFC, it is almost always the case that the next match is more fun to talk about than the one that just happened.