NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

  • Welcome to NYCFC Forums 2.0. Since completing our upgrade I've had a number of people request to make a donation. If you'd like to Donate you may do so via this Paypal link below. Thank you all for the support and your willingness to cobtribute.
Consider becoming a 'donor' member to help support the forums! Click Here To Upgrade

Ulrich

Senior Member
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 5, 2015
13,308
25,545
353
Assume this is a reference to who can claim responsibility for their discovery/scouting. I have no idea other than educated guesses, some peripheral references in articles, etc. If you have insight or further info or even educated speculation, it would be very interesting to know how we think we found the good and the bad.
Or euro based players vs South American.
 

moogoo

Regular Member
Nov 8, 2017
1,117
1,953
173
NYC
Could this be a new addition to our squad? Per Transfermarkt he's an attacking midfielder and valued at $6.84 mil.

ETA: Per 90min.com looks like he has a $22 mil release clause and River only owns 30% of his rights. His agent owns the other 70%.

not a chance CFG spend $20 mill to transfer a player and send him to MLS. if they do, he's staying in manchester. they're probably looking for depth since debruyne is getting injured a lot lately.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kjbert

Yankeedom

Junior Member
May 18, 2014
129
291
63
36
Enemy territory
not a chance CFG spend $20 mill to transfer a player and send him to MLS. if they do, he's staying in manchester. they're probably looking for depth since debruyne is getting injured a lot lately.
That's the thing though, he's nowhere close to good enough to crack the Manchester City squad. If they purchase him it would certainly be with the idea of loaning him out. May not be NYCFC, but I figured I would post since it's a rumored CFG purchase.
 

LionNYC

Senior Member
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
15,562
27,129
303
New York, NY
That's the thing though, he's nowhere close to good enough to crack the Manchester City squad. If they purchase him it would certainly be with the idea of loaning him out. May not be NYCFC, but I figured I would post since it's a rumored CFG purchase.
CFG can't purchase players (see Lampard). So it's a Man City purchase and loan. Don't know what the FIFA rules are on number of loaned players now though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Christopher Jee

sbrylski

Senior Member
Apr 24, 2014
4,017
10,490
303
New Concept: CFG Goggles. Use them to evaluate all decisions they make. When you put them on, players feel 10% as expensive. But you also care 10% as much about NYCFC.

$2 million buyout for a player for NYCFC? Sure why not, unless I get distracted by a fly in the room and forget to go thru with it.
 

Christopher Jee

Senior Member
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jul 24, 2014
3,259
8,470
353
36
I know some people don’t like Kemar because of his antics but he would look pretty good lining up at LB.

Tinnerholm-Callens-Chanot-Lawrence would be one of the best back four in the league if not the best.
It would make for a spicier rivalry that's for sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: moogoo

Ulrich

Senior Member
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Nov 5, 2015
13,308
25,545
353
can't imagine they'd trade to us
Something of value would have to be traded back to them and for some reason I don’t think Medina qualifies. Not even Medina and Mata combined.