1/10 Third Rail Meeting

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
Would be great to get an update in this thread from TR members who attended today's meeting. Many of us non-members are interested in knowing what was discussed.

Thanks in advance.

It's tomorrow, Sunday the 11th. 1-5, according to all e mails, the website, and the Evite.

Reactions: Drainyoo
membership-party.jpg

I was there. Nothing groundbreaking. I'll just rundown subjects discussed.
Everyone seemed happy with the TR's statement regarding Lampard.
Also,a few people talked about moving on. Everyone agreed, we need to really move on.
Then we talked about the road trips. Brian Toto confirmed that there will be buses to Boston, Philly, and DC. Maybe Columbus but NOT MTL or Toronto. Also confirmed that for away supporter section seats the tickets will be purchased through the TR. Other than that we sang a lot of new songs that were really great. Lots of energy in the group, was fun to see. Jonathan Sanchez confirmed that they have booked a recording studio to record some of the songs. The lyrics of some songs should be posted online before thursday.

The last thing and the subject that seemed the least organized was the tifo. TR needs space to work and cheap. If anyone on this forum could help out with this please let me or Billy Howell or Jonathan Sanchez know.

Also,a few people talked about moving on. Everyone agreed, we need to really move on.
Then we talked about the road trips. Brian Toto confirmed that there will be buses to Boston, Philly, and DC. Maybe Columbus but NOT MTL or Toronto. Also confirmed that for away supporter section seats the tickets will be purchased through the TR. Other than that we sang a lot of new songs that were really great. Lots of energy in the group, was fun to see. Jonathan Sanchez confirmed that they have booked a recording studio to record some of the songs. The lyrics of some songs should be posted online before thursday.

The last thing and the subject that seemed the least organized was the tifo. TR needs space to work and cheap. If anyone on this forum could help out with this please let me or Billy Howell or Jonathan Sanchez know.

Awesome, thanks for the update. Did anyone bring up the idea of wearing the black away jersey to home games?

No MTL is disappointing. For selfish reasons.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
Drainyoo Drainyoo Chance mentioned that if you wanted to protest against the home jersey then dont buy it and buy the away jersey. There was also a mention from a non board members of a separate TR orange jersey, that would stand out in the stadium and distinguish us from man city

BxLio91 BxLio91 the reason for no buses to Canada was for passport reasons. If anyone wouldnt be allowed into Canada, then we couldnt just abandon them at the border.

Im trying to get typed up lyrics for some of the songs and chants (there was a SWEET one done by a member yesterday). Will post here

the one that got people hyped was this one

"N-Y-C!//
N-Y-C!//
We are N-Y-C-F-C!//
From the Bronx all the way down to the battery//
We are N-Y-C-F-C!//"

Sung to "knickknack paddywhack" and people got fuckin into it and it was amazing

I must know different music to knick knack paddywhack because i cannot fit that into the song i know

Took me a sec, but I figured it out. This is how it maps back, I think since I wasn't there:

This old man
N-Y-C

he played one
N-Y-C

He played knick-knack on my thumb;
We are N-Y-C-F-C!

With a knick-knack paddy whack, Give the dog a bone,
From the Bronx all the way down to the battery

This old man came rolling home.
We are N-Y-C-F-C!

^ Yep. It was so freakin' dope. I just happened to be standing directly next to the guy when he started it and after the first pass, his energy just kamehameha'd me in the face and I was screaming the chant right along with him (as was the rest of the crowd).

The one he did before that was awesome too. Simple and strong. I think it was:

N. Y. C-F-C, said N-Y-C-F-C, OH YEAH!

Took me a sec, but I figured it out. This is how it maps back, I think since I wasn't there:

This old man
N-Y-C

he played one
N-Y-C

He played knick-knack on my thumb;
We are N-Y-C-F-C!

With a knick-knack paddy whack, Give the dog a bone,
From the Bronx all the way down to the battery

This old man came rolling home.
We are N-Y-C-F-C!
Awesome - thanks for this! The From the Bronx all the way down to the battery line was messing me up

^ Yep. It was so freakin' dope. I just happened to be standing directly next to the guy when he started it and after the first pass, his energy just kamehameha'd me in the face and I was screaming the chant right along with him (as was the rest of the crowd).

The one he did before that was awesome too. Simple and strong. I think it was:

N. Y. C-F-C, said N-Y-C-F-C, OH YEAH!
It was honestly LEGIT...got so hyped