1 Year Old. How Is The Club Doing?

I would say not so great, in my opinion they have wasted this time and have done next to nothing to engage the fan base. I would imagine they are working hard behind the scenes on a stadium which is good and also working hard behind the scenes on finding players. But in terms of building the fan base and spreading the word, a few subway adds and photo contests are not enough. They should be trickling info out every so often to keep us engaged. There are a handful of fantatics like us who are engaged but what about everyone else. Does the average person in NYC know what the hell the NYCFC stickers are or who the team is or what league they play in or how much the MLS has improved. I would say they dont. All the twitter account does is ask us to buy tickets, why would the average fan buy a ticket at this point? I would advise NYCFC to engage fans more, to leak some rumors to the media, to use the twitter account to promote MLS in general. Provide some real content and stop asking us to buy tickets for a minute and give something in return. At a minumum retweet some MLS news, post scores, best goals of the week, something

Reactions: NYCBlue and jerzy
NYCFC contact me or any other fan on this group and get our input on what we think, we can help you with ideas to attract attention to this club, the current social media effort is falling way short. Huge opportunity here , seize it, dont get lost in the shuffle of NYC like RBNY

The linked article mentions that NYCFC has secured local tv and radio deals, can anyone please provide me a link to that or tell me the details, i missed this, thanks

I would say not so great, in my opinion they have wasted this time and have done next to nothing to engage the fan base. I would imagine they are working hard behind the scenes on a stadium which is good and also working hard behind the scenes on finding players. But in terms of building the fan base and spreading the word, a few subway adds and photo contests are not enough. They should be trickling info out every so often to keep us engaged. There are a handful of fantatics like us who are engaged but what about everyone else. Does the average person in NYC know what the hell the NYCFC stickers are or who the team is or what league they play in or how much the MLS has improved. I would say they dont. All the twitter account does is ask us to buy tickets, why would the average fan buy a ticket at this point? I would advise NYCFC to engage fans more, to leak some rumors to the media, to use the twitter account to promote MLS in general. Provide some real content and stop asking us to buy tickets for a minute and give something in return. At a minumum retweet some MLS news, post scores, best goals of the week, something

This is good stuff. I agree, I think NYCFC needs to do more fan engagement. Maybe we can all simply ask them on twitter? Get enough people to call them out and maybe the intern (??) will be forced to type something more than a copy/paste?

I feel they also wasted a lot of time coming to the fans. They said they were waiting for the group to mature but behind the scenes they dropped the ball big time.

But hindsight is 20/20. Rather than sitting here talking about what should've been done we've got to look ahead.

More fan engagement. More transparency (lol). Then again, I guess now that the Third Rail is finally a thing, we can work on strengthening ourselves and using the Group to lobby and pursuade the club to fit our needs. Since the fans are what the team SHOULD be about.

Even though there's some merrit in what you wrote, Trone, I think your "not so great" assessment is a bit harsh. NYC FC has done more than RedBull did so far, or not? That said, there surely is always room for improvement. They could start with the things you mentioned and revamp their website's Fans and Community sections (http://www.nycfc.com/Fans and http://www.nycfc.com/Community) to bring fan engagement to the next level.

As bad as some here might think it is, Melbourne fans are literally being starved to death.

If City is anything to go by, I'm afraid you'll have to wait, as these days the club plays everything close to the chest and will only open their mouths when they have something concrete to say. It's like the Academy; everyone knew about it (a few of us more than most), but all City would ever say is "we are going to have one" and that was it, until they did have concrete plans (no pun intended) and then told the World.

As ridiculous as this sounds in the sphere of American sports, I think much of the onus falls on us to spread the word and generate support for the club and MLS. I think it's great we are named and I hope we are making progress with our internal issues. However, we need to look outward and take the city by force over this summer.

We will be in bars for the World Cup with other fans, spread the word.

We will be at local friendly matches, spread the word.

Wear your colors, if people ask what the hell is NYCFC, take the time and have a conversation.

Theses are all of the simple things we can do without having a meeting about it.

As ridiculous as this sounds in the sphere of American sports, I think much of the onus falls on us to spread the word and generate support for the club and MLS. I think it's great we are named and I hope we are making progress with our internal issues. However, we need to look outward and take the city by force over this summer.

We will be in bars for the World Cup with other fans, spread the word.

We will be at local friendly matches, spread the word.

Wear your colors, if people ask what the hell is NYCFC, take the time and have a conversation.

Theses are all of the simple things we can do without having a meeting about it.
no argument there, just wish the club would do a little more could be as simple as managing the twitter better

Even though there's some merrit in what you wrote, Trone, I think your "not so great" assessment is a bit harsh. NYC FC has done more than RedBull did so far, or not? That said, there surely is always room for improvement. They could start with the things you mentioned and revamp their website's Fans and Community sections (http://www.nycfc.com/Fans and http://www.nycfc.com/Community) to bring fan engagement to the next level.

I want nothing more than this team to be the Seattle Sounders of the east in regard to popularity and attendance etc. It just feels like the club thinks they are entitled to a fan base and everyone should buy tickets and sell the place out in 2015 because it is NYCFC birthright for us to do so. The reality is, there is a lot of competition in NYC this is a difficult place to start a new franchise, the upside potential is tremendous but its gonna take hard work. Agree we can do a lot to help this effort but NYCFC needs to not think butts will automatically fill the seats. may be too early to pass judgement but just giving my midterm report card thoughts.

ESPN FC did a feature on Kreis with MCFC. The New York Times did one too. We had a month campaign about designing your own crest and then a month long campaign about choosing the actual crest. We've had a big reveal of that crest. We had a big press conference about playing in Yankee Stadium.

I guess I'm not quite sure what else you want at this point. Like, do you want the team twitter discussing rumors of every player mentioned for NYCFC? The fact is right now, there's no news. No player signings, no new kit, not anything. There might be after the World Cup (which is when I imagine NYCFC has smartly conserved much of its resources for) but for right now I think the team has done its best to maintain a presence.

I want nothing more than this team to be the Seattle Sounders of the east in regard to popularity and attendance etc. It just feels like the club thinks they are entitled to a fan base and everyone should buy tickets and sell the place out in 2015 because it is NYCFC birthright for us to do so. The reality is, there is a lot of competition in NYC this is a difficult place to start a new franchise, the upside potential is tremendous but its gonna take hard work. Agree we can do a lot to help this effort but NYCFC needs to not think butts will automatically fill the seats. may be too early to pass judgement but just giving my midterm report card thoughts.

The Yankees aren't even the Seattle Sounders of the East Coast :D

I am with you in the spirit of your statement though.

I think the fan outreach has been great. We are essentially telling the club what we want. What more could you ask for?

I love the WFAN deal. Had to be the Yankees negotiating their own deal with WFAN and telling them they would only move if they took NYCFC as well.

I think the fan outreach has been great. We are essentially telling the club what we want. What more could you ask for?

I love the WFAN deal. Had to be the Yankees negotiating their own deal with WFAN and telling them they would only move if they took NYCFC as well.
what have you told the club you want and what have they given you? You may be right about the WFAN deal, to mean it is inconsequential but i get that it may be important to some. I personally prefer to listen to the call in shows on the WFAN and usually tune out when games are on.

Reactions: einwindir
what have you told the club you want and what have they given you? You may be right about the WFAN deal, to mean it is inconsequential but i get that it may be important to some. I personally prefer to listen to the call in shows on the WFAN and usually tune out when games are on.
Do you really belive the club have time to listen to every singel supporter? sounds like you demand the club to call or answer you, listen to your opinions and than execute them.

Reactions: Gene
Do you really belive the club have time to listen to every singel supporter? sounds like you demand the club to call or answer you, listen to your opinions and than execute them.
Nope, just asking them to do more than ask me to buy tickets.

That's ridiculous. This is a Forum where people are expected to voice THEIR opinion. This is where your voice IS heard.

What's discussed here has an impact on the team.

That's ridiculous. This is a Forum where people are expected to voice THEIR opinion. This is where your voice IS heard.

What's discussed here has an impact on the team.
Thanks einwindir, Im not trying to be a jerk on this thread, i care about the club and i want it to be a raging success. In my opinion there is no way an average fan buys a tickeet at this stage in the game. I wish it was different

Nope, just asking them to do more than ask me to buy tickets.
Like what? what can they do at this moment? whats more important than actually get the organisation in order, create an actaul team? create partnerships and sponsordeals? I dont want to be a dickhead here. but the priority right now should be to get everything in place, so NYCFC can have a bright future.

I think you are a bit unfair tbh.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla and Gene