1 Year Old. How Is The Club Doing?

That's ridiculous. This is a Forum where people are expected to voice THEIR opinion. This is where your voice IS heard.

What's discussed here has an impact on the team.
Thats not what we were talking about. we were talking about why the club doesnt listen to supporters, which i belive is not correct.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla and Gene
The twitter account is being mismanaged one million percent. Not knowing the link to buy season tickets isn't the reason people aren't buying season tickets. Therefore, stop blasting the link out about making history. People respond to corporate twitter accounts when they have a personality.

The Cosmos/RB fans are definitely hitting the nail on the head about the robot twitter account.

Reactions: einwindir
The twitter account is being mismanaged one million percent. Not knowing the link to buy season tickets isn't the reason people aren't buying season tickets. Therefore, stop blasting the link out about making history. People respond to corporate twitter accounts when they have a personality.

The Cosmos/RB fans are definitely hitting the nail on the head about the robot twitter account.

Well, there's 62.5 twitter followers and apparently less than 3k tickets sold. Keeping season tickets in the mind of its followers is a necessary way to bridge that gap.

Moreover, looking at the feed just from the past two days it's more than just the season tickets. There are a few contests, one a RT contest for a hat and another a photo contest for highlighting soccer in NYC. There are a few updates about youth tournaments in the area. There are a few links from the last supporter's meeting.

As far as personality, corporate sports account usually flex their personality when responding to the news about their club. NYCFC does not have news at the moment, they need to create it. They did a funny TBT a while ago with Reyna talking to Henry while they were at City/Arsenal but there aren't many opportunities to do that right now without seeming petty and childish. I guess NYCFC could comment on all the MLS and other soccer going on, but there are plenty of other accounts that are more on-topic for that.

So again, I just don't get what you can reasonably expect a club with no players and no games for 10 months to be doing.

If people are satisfied with the effort so far that is fine and i cant argue just voicing my opinion. I look at FC Dallas doing a weekly FB chat with team prez and portland timbers doing a contest where they hide cardboard cutouts of the players around town etc. The possibilities as to what more can be done are endless.

If people are satisfied with the effort so far that is fine and i cant argue just voicing my opinion. I look at FC Dallas doing a weekly FB chat with team prez and portland timbers doing a contest where they hide cardboard cutouts of the players around town etc. The possibilities as to what more can be done are endless.

Kind of hard to hide cutout players around town when you don't have players. ;)

I like those ideas though, but right now it's hard to execute. Take FC Dallas. I looked their FB chat. Most of the questions are: "X happened at the stadium. That's not how you treat fans." The next biggest thing was "why are all these players injured." There were one or two "would you consider signing him" which received non descript vague answers about "he looks like a good player. We're evaluating what we'll do in the transfer window but we're definitely looking to improve."

Other than players, NYCFC has none of that to talk about. a Chat with Kreis or whoever goes like this:

What players are you planning to sign?
I'm looking at a few from the Manchester City Academy. I've scouted over Europe. We're looking at MLS teams and college teams. Some of them will be on our team.
What about X big name?
We're looking at a host of players, and we'll use our 3 DP spots to bring attractive winning football to NYC. We have some pople under considerations and NY fans won't be disappointed.
*repeat that a few times as names are mentioned*
What about the stadium?
We're looking for a number of sites and working with the NY City Council. When it's done, it'll be amazing.
Why does MCFC suck/FFP/ManCity lite/evil Oil sheik/Go Cosmos/Go Energy Drinks
*ignored*
When do we get the kits?
Vague answer about late summer with promises of announcement soon.

That's about it. I don't think I've missed anything; you can scour these forums to see if there are additional topics. When the players get into camp they can do a chat like that but for now there's not much. FC Dallas had a game last night which they could talk about (oddly they didn't really since most of the chat was Oh lord do we stink now that Diaz is out and Michel is out, which is very true).

Be patient.

Kind of hard to hide cutout players around town when you don't have players. ;)

I like those ideas though, but right now it's hard to execute. Take FC Dallas. I looked their FB chat. Most of the questions are: "X happened at the stadium. That's not how you treat fans." The next biggest thing was "why are all these players injured." There were one or two "would you consider signing him" which received non descript vague answers about "he looks like a good player. We're evaluating what we'll do in the transfer window but we're definitely looking to improve."

Other than players, NYCFC has none of that to talk about. a Chat with Kreis or whoever goes like this:

What players are you planning to sign?
I'm looking at a few from the Manchester City Academy. I've scouted over Europe. We're looking at MLS teams and college teams. Some of them will be on our team.
What about X big name?
We're looking at a host of players, and we'll use our 3 DP spots to bring attractive winning football to NYC. We have some pople under considerations and NY fans won't be disappointed.
*repeat that a few times as names are mentioned*
What about the stadium?
We're looking for a number of sites and working with the NY City Council. When it's done, it'll be amazing.
Why does MCFC suck/FFP/ManCity lite/evil Oil sheik/Go Cosmos/Go Energy Drinks
*ignored*
When do we get the kits?
Vague answer about late summer with promises of announcement soon.

That's about it. I don't think I've missed anything; you can scour these forums to see if there are additional topics. When the players get into camp they can do a chat like that but for now there's not much. FC Dallas had a game last night which they could talk about (oddly they didn't really since most of the chat was Oh lord do we stink now that Diaz is out and Michel is out, which is very true).

Be patient.
Those are just examples doesnt have to be the exact same thing. Obviously our situation is different , they can be creative. Patience is fine and I understand and youre right to an extent but on the other hand this is an opporunity to build momentum and buzz , seems like wasted time at the moment.

I hate listening to soccer on the radio - or hockey - or basketball - for that matter. Just doesn't work.

I think the club has done a good job with outreach to us - the phone calls when we put our season ticket deposits down, the meeting with Claudio and Tim and now this survey. They care. They realize we spend on our money and employ them and make this thing ultimately work. It's a smart business move.

great post MikeDatTiger MikeDatTiger

Reactions: MikeDatTiger
Hard to say not knowing what's really happening with the backroom staff but I think things look good so far. Picking the coach early is key and building the philosophy straight away for the team's playing style and community involvement has been positive.

I wish there was more involvement with the fan community but that's ridiculous to ask for at this stage of the club. It's a bit dry and boring for us at the moment but the club has the right priorities. I expect a huge public ramp up of news/developments closer to the season. A calm before the storm I'd say.

On the other hand, could they be doing more for engagment? Show us what's going on behind the scenes. Update the website more than once a month and give us ads other than the same rendered drawing of the stadium. I think the advertising/marketing could be improved with the budget they have. Again, maybe they are saving it for later..who knows.

NYC is a big market that's hard to get into and this team is going to have one shot to make an impression. Hopefully the best is yet to come.

Those are just examples doesnt have to be the exact same thing. Obviously our situation is different , they can be creative. Patience is fine and I understand and youre right to an extent but on the other hand this is an opporunity to build momentum and buzz , seems like wasted time at the moment.

It's hard to maintain momentum and buzz for a year and a half solely on the basis of "NYC is getting a soccer team within the 5 boros." After all, this is the world of twitter. stories have a hard time staying interesting for 24 hrs.

It seems to me like the strategy of NYCFC has been to put enough out there to allow the die hards to form the foundations and then use the World Cup publicity to surge into a strong campaign. The signs around town allow people to have a basis of "oh yeah I saw that ad" when that surge starts. A big name player (especially if the USMNT are successful and they can nab one of them), jersey releases, etc. can be the kickoff for that buzz to grow.

But in this environment, you have to pick your moment to strike. That moment is coming, but not quite here yet.

Been surprised there hasn't been more cross-selling with the Yankees yet.

It's hard to maintain momentum and buzz for a year and a half solely on the basis of "NYC is getting a soccer team within the 5 boros." After all, this is the world of twitter. stories have a hard time staying interesting for 24 hrs.

It seems to me like the strategy of NYCFC has been to put enough out there to allow the die hards to form the foundations and then use the World Cup publicity to surge into a strong campaign. The signs around town allow people to have a basis of "oh yeah I saw that ad" when that surge starts. A big name player (especially if the USMNT are successful and they can nab one of them), jersey releases, etc. can be the kickoff for that buzz to grow.

But in this environment, you have to pick your moment to strike. That moment is coming, but not quite here yet.
That makes sense I can get onboard with that being the strategy

100% MikeDatTiger MikeDatTiger

That post World Cup wave is going to bring a huge bounty of info on the Club. I wouldn't expect much until after then. I know ticket pricing info is only a couple of weeks away, followed by seat selection, so there's that.

I wouldn't be surprised if during the winter holidays, as they push for ticket sales as gifts, that there will be a few "Meet your new Club" events at the Stadium. I would certainly like that opportunity.

Reactions: MikeDatTiger
Scheduling repeat tweets about season tickets isn't moving the needle at all. It's really dumb.

They should just all go watch Wolf of Wall Street and then start cold calling the shit out of people and sell them before they sell you. Mmmmm mmmm mmm mmmm.... mmmmm mmmm mmm mmm Caaaaaaaw!

(This is me being ridiculous)

100% MikeDatTiger MikeDatTiger

That post World Cup wave is going to bring a huge bounty of info on the Club. I wouldn't expect much until after then. I know ticket pricing info is only a couple of weeks away, followed by seat selection, so there's that.

I wouldn't be surprised if during the winter holidays, as they push for ticket sales as gifts, that there will be a few "Meet your new Club" events at the Stadium. I would certainly like that opportunity.
Holy crap your thumbnail is amazing. Although I thought Tim was a Mexico player initiallyand that freaked me out for a second.