1 Year Old. How Is The Club Doing?

Yeah I do think it's really sad for huge markets like Boston and Chicago having shit teams.

The Revs have been going nowhere since 2007. The Fire meanwhile, simply built a stadium too early in the WRONG suburb. Seriously, I'd rather have them still play at Soldier Field than for them to play at Bridgeview. Terrible, terrible location for a soccer stadium.

I would say not so great, in my opinion they have wasted this time and have done next to nothing to engage the fan base. I would imagine they are working hard behind the scenes on a stadium which is good and also working hard behind the scenes on finding players. But in terms of building the fan base and spreading the word, a few subway adds and photo contests are not enough. They should be trickling info out every so often to keep us engaged. There are a handful of fantatics like us who are engaged but what about everyone else. Does the average person in NYC know what the hell the NYCFC stickers are or who the team is or what league they play in or how much the MLS has improved. I would say they dont. All the twitter account does is ask us to buy tickets, why would the average fan buy a ticket at this point? I would advise NYCFC to engage fans more, to leak some rumors to the media, to use the twitter account to promote MLS in general. Provide some real content and stop asking us to buy tickets for a minute and give something in return. At a minumum retweet some MLS news, post scores, best goals of the week, something

Try not to worry to much about the fan base yet trone, I think the sheikh has learnt some great lesson with the taking over of MCFC. Being a season holder pre ADUG/CFG we had a very decent following and the Sheikh has done everything and I mean everything to keep City authentic to what it's always been.

I think one of the most important lesson he's learnt (apart from UEFA couldn't lie straight in bed, never mind anything else) is the fans will come when you start to play entertaining soccer and that will increase year in year out. He will employ only the very best to make sure you are not only the best club out of europe, that also you are the best supported club in the USA.

If I was you guys I'd just sit back and enjoy the ups and downs of the creation of a monster club.

Try not to worry to much about the fan base yet trone, I think the sheikh has learnt some great lesson with the taking over of MCFC. Being a season holder pre ADUG/CFG we had a very decent following and the Sheikh has done everything and I mean everything to keep City authentic to what it's always been.

I think one of the most important lesson he's learnt (apart from UEFA couldn't lie straight in bed, never mind anything else) is the fans will come when you start to play entertaining soccer and that will increase year in year out. He will employ only the very best to make sure you are not only the best club out of europe, that also you are the best supported club in the USA.

If I was you guys I'd just sit back and enjoy the ups and downs of the creation of a monster club.
thats awesome, i am defintely excited, now if we could just get rid of that pesky salary cap

The thing is trone, in time most players will won't to come over and play in the MLS, so that salary cap won't make to many problems and if you consider that NYCFC will be the brightest star....well its not hard to see where all this is going pal.

A bit like us over here in Manchester, you'll only hear something when it's actually happened.
The media hardly ever get hold of information from the club.

It can be frustrating but you really do have to have faith, you're in the best
hands imaginable, in the entire sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: einwindir
Yeah I do think it's really sad for huge markets like Boston and Chicago having shit teams.

The Revs have been going nowhere since 2007. The Fire meanwhile, simply built a stadium too early in the WRONG suburb. Seriously, I'd rather have them still play at Soldier Field than for them to play at Bridgeview. Terrible, terrible location for a soccer stadium.
I wouldn't say they have shit teams. The Revs are playing really well, and the Fire are average with a very nice attack.

Also, it's easy to criticize the Fire for building their stadium where they did. But remember the context. The specter of contraction was still very much present and municipalities were certainly not clamoring for a soccer stadium at the time. I think the Fire's attendance issues have more to do with the front office than with the location. Although, they average more than 15k, which means they are likely profitable. Five years ago that would have been an upper echelon attendance. Now the bar has been raised but that doesn't mean they are losing money and that means they won't fold.