12/8/14 Half Day Trade Window

Tom in Fairfield CT

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Jul 16, 2014
Post info regarding player movement in MLS today ahead of our expansion draft.

So far I have seen Aurelien Collin to and Amobi Okugo to OCSC

CJ Sapong to Philadelphia for first round pick

Bernardo Anor from Columbus to SKC for allocation money

I just checked mlssoccer.com and saw these moves:

--Colorado receives D-Michael Harrington from Portland for allocation money.

--Portland receives D-Nat Borcher from RSL for allocation money.

And of course our move to pick up Williams from Columbus.

Some other signings but not MLS trades, Orlando signed a Honduran striker, Portland signed a international goalie, defender and winger.

Houston traded Driver to DC for Williis and a international defender.

I like the trades Orlando made, they got a couple high quality starters. I always thought Collin was a really underrated piece over in SKC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
twitter saying salgado to NYCFC who will then flip him to another team
Ives saying we will flip to a foreign club. He says several Mexican teams have liked him. Would love to get Greg Garza, but that is not part of this rumour, just my own wants

Ives saying we will flip to a foreign club. He says several Mexican teams have liked him. Would love to get Greg Garza, but that is not part of this rumour, just my own wants
yeah, this rumor is a bit confusing , not sure why vancouver wont just sell him to the mexican club, maybe its the club that sanvezzo went to and they refuse to do business with each other after that mess, total speculation on my part

yeah, this rumor is a bit confusing , not sure why vancouver wont just sell him to the mexican club, maybe its the club that sanvezzo went to and they refuse to do business with each other after that mess, total speculation on my part
NYCFC just confirmed the trade

*Pssst* the reason Vancouver would do this is basically to give NYCFC some money to stay away from their players in the expansion draft but of course they can't say that publicly.

that would make sense but i feel the transfer fee should be pretty significant for that to be true.

that would make sense but i feel the transfer fee should be pretty significant for that to be true.

Well, I think NYCFC make the decision based on either "we think Orlando will get the Vancouver player we'd want" or "we're not all that interested in Vancouver players but some extra cash to bring in top players is nice"

Well, I think NYCFC make the decision based on either "we think Orlando will get the Vancouver player we'd want" or "we're not all that interested in Vancouver players but some extra cash to bring in top players is nice"

I feel its the latter. Still be interesting to see how much and what club is he going, though it seems tigres is the likely choice.

Does anyone know what time the Protected players list goes up?