Mls Pre-2015 Transfer Thread

Shaun Maloney to Chicago. Official. Really solid offseason for the.

http://www.hottimeinoldtown.com/201...o-join-fire-from-wigan-timing-still-uncertain

Sounds like they still have to figure out when he comes. Maybe "Frank-time".

Do you have a running tally on who is joining in July? Lampard, Gerrard, Giovinco, Maloney... who else?

The tough thing is that you might have two completely different seasons in one. No doubt an in form Lampard, Gerrard or Giovinco can swing a Supporters Shield race. Especially if Jermaine Jones did it.

Do you have a running tally on who is joining in July? Lampard, Gerrard, Giovinco, Maloney... who else?

The tough thing is that you might have two completely different seasons in one. No doubt an in form Lampard, Gerrard or Giovinco can swing a Supporters Shield race. Especially if Jermaine Jones did it.
That's a pretty good list right there. It's hard to know since most summer transfers aren't announced until the summer. It can be a big game changer for sure. Let's hope for NYC's sake, Frank is.

So I just read that Giovinco is now going to be paid more than any Serie A player. Ever.

I doubt he's actually worth $7.25 Million a year. But I'm not paying his salary.

If you are Andrea Pirlo or Danielle De Rossi - don't you start re-thinking your commitment to Serie A? I doubt the Arturo Vidals and Juan Cuadrados of the world start looking at MLS - but for the Serie A lifers - the one club guys - don't you start asking your agent to sniff around?

Reactions: Paul and MagnusPax
So I just read that Giovinco is now going to be paid more than any Serie A player. Ever.

I doubt he's actually worth $7.25 Million a year. But I'm not paying his salary.

If you are Andrea Pirlo or Danielle De Rossi - don't you start re-thinking your commitment to Serie A? I doubt the Arturo Vidals and Juan Cuadrados of the world start looking at MLS - but for the Serie A lifers - the one club guys - don't you start asking your agent to sniff around?
I agree with the idea, but I'm not sure it would be for feasible for one club guys. Maybe somebody like Pirlo someday. But guys like Totti or DeRossi could have gotten more than any MLS could pay them just a few years ago. I bet 2 years ago if he wanted to leave DeRossi could have got an excellent offer from Chelsea. So I really do think it can be a draw for players like Giovinco, I'm not sure it will be enough to draw one club guys like DeRossi and Totti. But I thought the same with Delpiero, so I really don't know. I think the problem is that other clubs wouldn't have paid Giovinco that much money, but I could see Totti or DeRossi getting more than that if they move to a different league.

I do think it is a very good point though that soon players might think of the MLS as a more attractive destination than the Serie A.

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert
@Nicholas Constantino I think were on the same wavelength. Maybe bad examples by me. And I agree Giovinco is overpaid. But if he's worth 7.25, what is De Rossi worth? Tevez is a head case. When Serie A gets outbid for an in prime player...

Phil Schoen said it was the most important SOCCER signing in the history of MLS.

@Nicholas Constantino I think were on the same wavelength. Maybe bad examples by me. And I agree Giovinco is overpaid. But if he's worth 7.25, what is De Rossi worth? Tevez is a head case. When Serie A gets outbid for an in prime player...

Phil Schoen said it was the most important SOCCER signing in the history of MLS.
I agree with that.