[2014] Loan Watch

Plus don't forget, he was out injured for awhile. He has only been non-injured for 3-4 weeks.

I couldn't catch the MC game this weekend. How did super frank play? I heard he took a card.

Looked like a 37 year old who hadn't played an epl game since May. Looked a lot slower than Arsenal's midfielders, picked up a yellow but did decent, mainly because Fernandinho covered for him. I wonder how he'll do against more direct teams as he gains fitness.

He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. MCFC were overrun in the first 15/20 minutes but he got better before the half. TBH It was a terrible scenario for him to find himself in: playing his debut in a midfield 2 against one of he best midfield 3s in the league. Pellegrini was forced into this really with Yaya Toure and Fernando both out.

He was a bit slow and off the pace (as you might expect) but was pretty solid on the ball. Picked up an unwarranted yellow as well. He came off at half time for Nasri and Milner moved into the middle, and in all honesty City looked a lot better after that.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
He wasn't great, but he wasn't awful either. MCFC were overrun in the first 15/20 minutes but he got better before the half. TBH It was a terrible scenario for him to find himself in: playing his debut in a midfield 2 against one of he best midfield 3s in the league. Pellegrini was forced into this really with Yaya Toure and Fernando both out.

He was a bit slow and off the pace (as you might expect) but was pretty solid on the ball. Picked up an unwarranted yellow as well. He came off at half time for Nasri and Milner moved into the middle, and in all honesty City looked a lot better after that.

yeah, My thought going into it was that Lampard was going to play more in the League Cup matches and lower EPL matches when the 1st teamers needed a spell. Unfortunately, with a week from hell (@ Arsenal @ Bayern, home v. Chelsea) Lampard needed to play one game in that spell and with Chelsea out, he had to start @ Arsenal.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
ByFss5wIYAE4QFU.jpg:large

Josh Saunders [San Antonio Scorpions, NASL Fall Season].
09/06: Edmonton. 3-0 W.
He played the 90 minutes.
Next game:
09/13 Carolina Railhawks. 19:30 ET.

Kwame Watson-Siriboe [Carolina Railhawks, NASL Fall Season].
09/07: Ottawa Fury. 2-2.
He played the 90 minutes. A bad delivery by Kwame near his own area, cost the Railhawks one goal.

Next game:
09/13 San Antonio Scorpions. 19:30 ET.

You can watch that game on http://www.nasllive.com/ or ESPN3 (watchESPN).
This music is ridiculously distracting. I feel like I'm watching a sports montage on some Disney tween show.

So there's some interesting discrepancies between Pellegrini & Kreis. Kreis said today "no truth" to rumor that Lampard loan would be extended past January; yet I now see Pellegrini said today (according to one reporter) that it was "not impossible" that Lampard stay the whole season at MCFC.

I'm ok with Lampard staying until MLS starts, but I think it would look awful for NYCFC to run a campaign based on Lampard for him to only arrive in mid-May, two whole months after the MLS season would start. If you thought the "minor league" taunts were bad before...

Honestly if that happens, I won't renew my season tickets and support this club anymore. But until then, it's just rumors and journos creating controversies.

Lol no way he spends the whole season in the EPL. You know how hard they worked all year to build support for NYCFC? They'd be throwing it all away. Hell, they're catching Heat just for the rumors of the extension through January

I'm ok with Lampard staying until MLS starts, but I think it would look awful for NYCFC to run a campaign based on Lampard for him to only arrive in mid-May, two whole months after the MLS season would start. If you thought the "minor league" taunts were bad before...

Pellegrini says what he thinks about situations, and then waits for Soriano and Khaldoon to tell him if they disagree. His words were probably more aimed at telling Soriano that he personally wants Lampard to stay, if anything. Kreis, on the other hand, seems to be briefed in advance and generally know what is going to happen.

In short, there's no way that Lampard will stay the whole season at MCFC, regardless of what Pellegrini says. Behind closed doors he might press hard for it - or he might not, who knows - but it won't happen.

Reactions: einwindir