2015 Offseason Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa-------------------------Poku------------------Shelton
----------------------------Lampard----------------------------
-----------------------Mix----------Pirlo--------------------------
------FA/ Loan LB---Mena-----Hernandez/FA--------Iraola
----------------------------Johansen--------------------------

I think we have to start Lampard. Play Poku at CF. Alot of people have Allen at LB but he needs a left foot as good as his right for that to happen.
Poku played CF vs. Cosmos and got two goals. So, I'd like to see this given a shot, even if he comes back a bit to be a general.

Mena and Hernandez must not be our starting CBs in 2016. Please don't let this happen.

Agreed on Allen. I like him, but I think it's true he's better on the right side. And probably best as a backup.

As for Poku, I really don't think he's a true CF. He doesn't play with his back to the goal, and doesn't keep the line. He's best out of a dribble. I think he's a CAM or, if he plays as a striker, a False 9 that drops deep to receive the ball (and then turn and dribble) or draw the centerbacks out to create running lanes for Villa and the other winger.

I hear you. We just have to get him on the field some how with Lampard. I like the False 9 idea especially if we have two scorers like Villa and Shelton on the outside. He can take over at CAM when Lamps is out next year, but I think he could be a much better CF than Villa. He's big and strong and is probably our best target as well.

I hear you. We just have to get him on the field some how with Lampard. I like the False 9 idea especially if we have two scorers like Villa and Shelton on the outside. He can take over at CAM when Lamps is out next year, but I think he could be a much better CF than Villa. He's big and strong and is probably our best target as well.
Single biggest disappointment of the two meaningless games at the end of the season was not giving Poku and Lampard a run-out together. You can argue that we should have been trying that earlier anyway, but I think it is a real lost opportunity to see give them a chance to play together once we had nothing to play for anyway.

That tweet you reposted actually made me think he believes he's coming back. But if you asked me yesterday, I'd say he was gone.
Wishing the club and the fans good luck next season sold it for me. I wonder if the team will mention anything about players being dropped, etc.? They announced the Nemec contract termination, right?

So right now our confirmed departed so far this off-season are as follows let me know if I am missing anyone
Pablo Alvarez
Javier Calle
Shay Facey
Angelino
Sebastian Velasquez
Ryan Meara

Reactions: Kjbert
So right now our confirmed departed so far this off-season are as follows let me know if I am missing anyone
Pablo Alvarez
Javier Calle
Shay Facey
Angelino
Sebastian Velasquez
Ryan Meara
I know I'm being stubborn but Meara is the only one that's confirmed. The others are all still on the roster on the team's site.

I am sure there will be plenty of players moving on before next season begins.

Hopefully we bring in players that give us better balance in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.