2015 Offseason Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club Independiente Santa Fe?

Edit: never mind, I assumed because of the Julian Guillermo comment and didn't really do more than cursory googling

Last edited:
Deleted, duplicative

Last edited:
View attachment 3615

That looks like the Deportivo Independiente Medellin logo. Before we signed him he played there so maybe he's just staying fit with them?
Could also be that both parties agreed to terminate the contract and he went back to D.I.M. on a free transfer. CFG can eat whatever his August transfer fee to MLS was and not even blink. If mutually terminated, then D.I.M. would have made some money for a few months "renting" the player and they have him back.

Reactions: Paul and Vito
Could also be that both parties agreed to terminate the contract and he went back to D.I.M. on a free transfer. CFG can eat whatever his August transfer fee to MLS was and not even blink. If mutually terminated, then D.I.M. would have made some money for a few months "renting" the player and they have him back.
I think it's the fact that we need center backs, and people were hoping his athleticism and one on one skills would be a big asset with a bit more time to fit it.

Then again, we've established I don't know exactly to what I'm replying due to my ignore settings. So caveat emptor and stuff.

I think it's the fact that we need center backs, and people were hoping his athleticism and one on one skills would be a big asset with a bit more time to fit it.

Then again, we've established I don't know exactly to what I'm replying due to my ignore settings. So caveat emptor and stuff.
Didn't say I wanted him jettisoned back to Columbia - I think he has loads of potential - just laying out a possible scenario in light of his instagram.

This makes me nervous I think Mena has a ton potential and can develop into a very good CB. I am holding out hope that this is just a short term off season loan to keep him in shape.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
Didn't say I wanted him jettisoned back to Columbia - I think he has loads of potential - just laying out a possible scenario in light of his instagram.
Yep. I realize my reply shouldn't really have been to your post. Or possibly anyones. I'll attribute it to being up too early.

Woooo! Ship that donkey out of NYC!

Maybe he has potential in him to be a center half at some point, but i don't want to see Mena bumbling and sclaffing through any more games for us until he's at least a little closer to fulfilling it!

Reactions: Kjbert
So people want to switch out pieces until someone just magically plays perfect on day one.

Let's not become that team...

We need to let these guys play, they will make mistakes, but the point is to grow together.

:( dang, unless that pic is an old one then thats it man the one out of the possible bunch that may be gone who i didnt want to leave until he had a full pre season is gone, but hey lets keep grabavoy, brovsky, hernandez.

This makes me nervous I think Mena has a ton potential and can develop into a very good CB. I am holding out hope that this is just a short term off season loan to keep him in shape.

Again, you can't look at these things in a vacuum. In MLS, you can't pay a guy $225,000 a year for his potential.

Guys making those wages in this league need to perform now. You pay Mullins $70,000 for his potential. That's good value. Paying a guy starting CB wages for his potential (potential that may never amount to anything) is just not intelligent.

Of EVERYTHING CFG has done this offseason, this is probably the most intelligent move. You just can't pay him that much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.