2016 NYCFC Video Thread

Inside Training is back with NYCFC training at Fordham:

In the opening, some of the players are kicking the ball around. Josh Saunders goes into the middle and grabs it and stares at the camera. The rest proceed to stare as well. Josh Saunders, no chill.
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 5.27.43 PM.png

Reactions: Kjbert
Inside Training is back with NYCFC training at Fordham:

In the opening, some of the players are kicking the ball around. Josh Saunders goes into the middle and grabs it and stares at the camera. The rest proceed to stare as well. Josh Saunders, no chill.
View attachment 5077
Every time I watch Vieira playing in one of these, I wonder:

"If Vieira got fit and suited up for us right now, he would be the ___ best player on the team."

Thoughts?

Every time I watch Vieira playing in one of these, I wonder:

"If Vieira got fit and suited up for us right now, he would be the ___ best player on the team."

Thoughts?
Over how many minutes? For 20-30 minutes I'd guess he could challenge for best. Full game maybe 4th to 6th best? Am I underestimating the effect of age? I've been through it.

I saw this live, from the side. It was beautiful seeing the ball arc across the sky in front of us - realizing the goalie was beaten and it might go in. Seeing this angle - and the curl of the ball and how Villa played it. Simply amazing.

That's a sick angle.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I saw this live, from the side. It was beautiful seeing the ball arc across the sky in front of us - realizing the goalie was beaten and it might go in. Seeing this angle - and the curl of the ball and how Villa played it. Simply amazing.

If that went in I think the game would have been over, the refs would have walked off the field, and David Villa would be awarded MLS MVP.

The ironic thing about that is that before the match, Villa, Pirlo and Lampard made a bet as to whom could hit the crossbar from midfield first. Villa was never aiming for goal - That's why Lampard was following it up because he was expecting the rebound. I just wish next time the bet instead involves putting the ball in the net.
#MLS-DPbets

Last edited:
Reactions: adam
I found it quite amusing when the national anthem was being sung, they didn't pan on to a single American player on the team. And for some reason they didn't show any of Villa at The end of the game... Quite odd?? *Cough* Cough* Rampage *Cough* Cough*
I must be developing a cold on these forums