2017 City Member Package

Honestly, I am so disappointed. If I know my tsotske pricing as well as I think I do, the box and inserts may have been the most expensive part of the package.

As I tweeted earlier, I got better swag for my $30 Third Rail membership fee than I got for my $7000 worth of tickets.
This several times over. The box had to cost more than the bags and card holders for sure. I suppose there are those who always prefer anything over nothing but I'd rather get nothing over cheap junk. And those bags are very, very cheap crap. I'm at the point I would just as soon they send out the cards and lanyards in a nice stiff, well designed, pretty envelope with a letter supposedly from Claudio or PV or DV saying thanks for being a part of things and here we go another year and leave it at that. In the end that's all I signed up for. Either go beyond or don't. Fake, halfway measures reveal far too much.

My RBNY pal let me know that they left the $55 price tag on his training shirt, just so he new exactly how much it was worth.
Pure class
It was either that or pay the intern to cut them off.... but seriously, that may be the retail price, so the mfr price is closer to $5-10. A friend owns a running store, and he can discount the goods 50% and still make a small profit; so if the retailer is making money, then the mfr has to make it for even less so they can still make profit. With all that said, I bet RB is getting each for $15 tops.

Same with mine except at the Newark FedEx.
Mine was a the Newark FedEx for 48 hours as well instead of delivering it Saturday lol. It also said FedEx 2-Day Shipping and it shipped Thursday, but I got it on Monday.

Reactions: Ulrich
It's never a good thing when the best thing about the package outside the scarf is the box.....
I'm going to agree with you and everyone else so far. The box was surprisingly great quality. That little angled cut at the front that shows the NYC colors is class.

My fiancé suggested that we didn't get much else because they spent so much on FedEx express shipping and the boxes themselves.

This several times over. The box had to cost more than the bags and card holders for sure. I suppose there are those who always prefer anything over nothing but I'd rather get nothing over cheap junk. And those bags are very, very cheap crap. I'm at the point I would just as soon they send out the cards and lanyards in a nice stiff, well designed, pretty envelope with a letter supposedly from Claudio or PV or DV saying thanks for being a part of things and here we go another year and leave it at that. In the end that's all I signed up for. Either go beyond or don't. Fake, halfway measures reveal far too much.
Well said. I don't actually care about getting stuff. I pay for the tickets because I love going to the games. But, if they are going to hype the delivery of the packages as something substantive then put something in there that is worth getting excited about.

I'm going to agree with you and everyone else so far. The box was surprisingly great quality. That little angled cut at the front that shows the NYC colors is class.

My fiancé suggested that we didn't get much else because they spent so much on FedEx express shipping and the boxes themselves.
Probably would have been easier for them to just email us the following:

On behalf of the 2017 NYCFC team, we have made a generous donation to the FedEx Corporation. Thank you for your continued support.

Probably would have been easier for them to just email us the following:

On behalf of the 2017 NYCFC team, we have made a generous donation to the Human Fund. Thank you for your continued support.

human-fund.jpg

Anyone else not get a tracking email yet, starting to get worried since I have nothing and the track by reference number shows nothing for me.....

Actually, we paid for $25 for shipping haha

Anyone else not get a tracking email yet, starting to get worried since I have nothing and the track by reference number shows nothing for me.....

I never got a tracking email, but mine showed up last night. I was able to track them using the reference number trick.

Reactions: gbservis
Just got mine. The box is actually very nice. But I'd rather have a crappy box with something better in it.

Uh, hmmm, I could actually use one of those.

Bonus!
Got my MetroCard holders today via FedEx. They smell super-rubbery and they're just the tiniest bit too small to easily get the card in and out. Also, due to their peel-and-stick nature you can't really just use them on their own.

Seriously disappointed in this year's official swag. One star, was expecting really good MetroCard holders, club let me down.

#betterRubberNextYear

Reactions: mgarbowski