2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
I want a 3rd kit. The club obviously does not like this year's secondary kit if the number of times worn is any indication. In order to give us an option that could be used instead of the Primary Sky Blue, we need something from a different part of the spectrum, not the dark blue/purple of the current secondary kit, or black from last year's. I'd take orange, I'd take white, I'd take anything that looks classy and can be worn outside the house - but it needs to contrast to/with our primary. Hell, if they want to just sell jerseys, give us four but make at least two that are used regularly on the field.

Ah wtf: http://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/2016/09/20/third-kit-launch/1474319671860

What a perfect jersey for US, not them. And I don't even like gradients. I just hate our two away jerseys so far.

I'm prepared to be underwhelmed by our new home jerseys this winter. Probably just solid light blue again with the stripes down the side instead of the sleeve. But hopefully our 2018 away kits don't look like they're designed by a kindergartner again.
One of the ugliest kits I have ever seen. I'm pretty shocked by how well received these have been.

Reactions: Schwallacus
I want a 3rd kit. The club obviously does not like this year's secondary kit if the number of times worn is any indication. In order to give us an option that could be used instead of the Primary Sky Blue, we need something from a different part of the spectrum, not the dark blue/purple of the current secondary kit, or black from last year's. I'd take orange, I'd take white, I'd take anything that looks classy and can be worn outside the house - but it needs to contrast to/with our primary. Hell, if they want to just sell jerseys, give us four but make at least two that are used regularly on the field.

I agree need a white. Keep our blue as primary. White becomes away/secondary. And our hypno kits become the 3rd jersey. Then we can swap out the hypno in 2018.

would love a white kit
Only way we get a white kit is if we keep the hypno as a third jersey.

White and our current blue clash which is why we wore the hypno kit in KC when they wore white. We would need a dark kit in order to avoid things like that and a white and light blue kit would be a big no-no in the eyes of the league, and everyone watching on TV.

Something like this, just replace the green with navy and the slight gold trim with sky blue. Boom: simple, classy, great for games but also hanging out and maybe even low key events.
DSC_0011.JPG

Only way we get a white kit is if we keep the hypno as a third jersey.

White and our current blue clash which is why we wore the hypno kit in KC when they wore white. We would need a dark kit in order to avoid things like that and a white and light blue kit would be a big no-no in the eyes of the league, and everyone watching on TV.
What about when we played RBNJ in Jersey? Didn't they wear their home white kits and we wore the sky blue?

Reactions: Kjbert
What about when we played RBNJ in Jersey? Didn't they wear their home white kits and we wore the sky blue?
Did the same when they played at YS too. But their white kits have a substantial amount of red on them, I can't imagine a white NYCFC kit having much of anything else on it. I guess now we'd be getting into how much white would there have to be on a jersey for it to be considered a white kits.

Here's the thing about our light blue/dark blue kit choices. It can create an issue with teams whose kits choices are white and dark blue. Our light blue can be too close to both of the kits for our opponents, yet it is what we prefer to wear. With the Red Bulls, it's not such an issue, because as mentioned above, the Red Bulls have a ton of red with their white kits. But think back to the Vancouver game at Yankee Stadium. They came in with white kits, and there were definitely a few moments of confusion, especially when passing to players in shadows, where the white kits looked darker.

I have that very kit!
I'm jealous, I have the home (green) one and love it, wish I had gotten that one too (Early 2010s Umbro kits are fucking amazing). Hopefully I can find one in my size for cheap somewhere. How do you like the slightly heavier material on them? I love the t-shirt like material for those kits especially with wearing them for an entire day or so.

Random tidbit of information but the Umbro kits from 2010-2012/13 years have a heavier cotton material similar to that of a regular tshirt. Very soft and stretchy, so they can be worn all day/night without any worry of feeling uncomfortable. In comparison to Nike/adidas/Umbro kits now, which are made of the very thin sport material which I find to be slightly uncomfortable at times after wearing for a few hours. Plus, the moisture-wicking technology that they have is nice, but when you're sweating out your pregame beers in the supporters section in 95 degree heat.... can lead to some interesting smells.

Sorry for the tangent... now back to your regular thread... NYCFC 2017 JERSEY THREAD!!!

Reactions: Goodfella
I'm jealous, I have the home (green) one and love it, wish I had gotten that one too (Early 2010s Umbro kits are fucking amazing). Hopefully I can find one in my size for cheap somewhere. How do you like the slightly heavier material on them? I love the t-shirt like material for those kits especially with wearing them for an entire day or so.

Random tidbit of information but the Umbro kits from 2010-2012/13 years have a heavier cotton material similar to that of a regular tshirt. Very soft and stretchy, so they can be worn all day/night without any worry of feeling uncomfortable. In comparison to Nike/adidas/Umbro kits now, which are made of the very thin sport material which I find to be slightly uncomfortable at times after wearing for a few hours. Plus, the moisture-wicking technology that they have is nice, but when you're sweating out your pregame beers in the supporters section in 95 degree heat.... can lead to some interesting smells.

Sorry for the tangent... now back to your regular thread... NYCFC 2017 JERSEY THREAD!!!
yeah this one actually feels a bit thicker than some of my other umbros, but agreed those soft umbros are THE BEST.

This is my go to spot for older kits: https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/international-teams/european/ireland.html

Reactions: Schwallacus
A white kit would be great. But there is a 0% chance we get something other than sky blue.

Melbourne City has a white kit. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that our primary kit could be primarily white, or at least have more white in it.

Melbourne City has a white kit. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that our primary kit could be primarily white, or at least have more white in it.
To be fair, Melbourne also had a history before CFG came in so it's a bit different. It's not like Red Bulls coming in and totally re branding and erasing club history, they tried to work with what they have.