2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
Melbourne City has a white kit. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that our primary kit could be primarily white, or at least have more white in it.
Have some more white in it, sure. Primarily white? No way. The "City Blue" branding is too important. Melbourne has those because they are literally Man City jerseys repurposed. I could see a white kit in 2018 to replace the Hypno kit. But a sky blue kit and a white kit sort of defeats the purpose of having an alternate to begin with. Especially without a third.

how's about an orange and white jersey? go full Creamsicle as a homage to the USMNT's Bomp Pop jersey

I'm joking - please don't hurt me
FC Cincinnati already beat you to it!

e91845c0486d214bee4ea79981906149.jpg

Melbourne City has a white kit. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that our primary kit could be primarily white, or at least have more white in it.

Melbourne City has a white kit because Sydney FC already had sky blue and petitioned FFA to block Melbourne from also having light blue. If not for Sydney protesting, you can be sure Melbourne would be light blue for their primary kit as well,

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...sydney-fc-object/story-fnii0fc4-1226936567828

Have some more white in it, sure. Primarily white? No way. The "City Blue" branding is too important. Melbourne has those because they are literally Man City jerseys repurposed. I could see a white kit in 2018 to replace the Hypno kit. But a sky blue kit and a white kit sort of defeats the purpose of having an alternate to begin with. Especially without a third.

FC Cincinnati already beat you to it!

e91845c0486d214bee4ea79981906149.jpg
That kit (notwithstanding the colors) would be so much classier if they used the Toyota symbol rather than the bland text.

Reactions: Kjbert
Wasn't there an interview with the designer around the time the hypnokit (RIP ONIONKIT) came out that confirmed that sky/city blue was the main color?

Wasn't there an interview with the designer around the time the hypnokit (RIP ONIONKIT) came out that confirmed that sky/city blue was the main color?
Yeah. ITs somewhere in the depths of NYCFC.com haha The designs are finished up and approved two years in advance. For the big clubs anyway. MLS might be less.

Reactions: Kjbert and joe

Yeah. ITs somewhere in the depths of NYCFC.com haha The designs are finished up and approved two years in advance. For the big clubs anyway. MLS might be less.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/02/10/exclusive-adidas-interview-new-secondary-jersey

“There will be a new design element, but I would expect it to be City blue,” said Walker.

Melbourne City has a white kit because Sydney FC already had sky blue and petitioned FFA to block Melbourne from also having light blue. If not for Sydney protesting, you can be sure Melbourne would be light blue for their primary kit as well,

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...sydney-fc-object/story-fnii0fc4-1226936567828

The FFA have actually already given permission for Melbourne City to switch to "City blue" (not a term I'm a fan of, even though I like the colour itself) from the 2017-18 season. I'm not sure why that decision had to be made a full year early and couldn't come into force immediately, but there it is.

That will be great for tracking beer consumption and weight gain throughout the season.
Most likely tracks your position in the stadium (trips to concession areas), not necessarily your consumption..... Although maybe the sleeve picks up on the raised arm movement and extrapolates (wild ass guesses) how many sips you take with each sip equating to X-calories??? So about as efficient as a Fitbit. Just don't toss it into the dryer on high heat or peeling letters will be the least of your concerns.

Bumping this back up. We're getting a new primary jersey that will probably be released in February during MLS Jersey week.

We know it will be City Blue in some major capacity and have option D as the neckline on the outside.

index.php

not kit related but rumored leaked game ball for next year.

adidas-2017-mls-ball-2.jpg

Cool yet awkward cause Canada is only one quarter represented and the US is three quarters represented
giphy.gif

Love that design. Just wish it was more star spangled.

It may represent 25% of the ball, but Canada only represents ~14% of MLS clubs (3/22) in 2017.