2017 Jersey Thread

Your Choice for the 2017 Primary Jersey Neckline...

• A

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • B

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • C

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • D

Votes: 44 54.3%

• Total voters
FIFY. I'm sure there was some much better stuff submitted but not chosen by NYCFC to be voted on. I'm actually amazed the pigeons motif wasn't picked, although I suspect the club (nor I) does not want it to catch on. That was damn catchy and tongue in cheek for representing the city.
I wouldn't have touched a shirt with pigeons on it. I just think it's a bit much. I get the whole idea behind it but as others have said besides people knowing there's a shit ton of pigeons that shit everywhere it's not really symbolic of the city.
I'd say the vast majority of our fans are casuals who would be very confused by it and not vote.

So they won't tell us which ones where the supporter created options? (Possibly because none of them were.....)

EDIT: also I'm surprised that more members on here didn't create more. We had, what, one design on here. I know we have some talented people on here, and although I know we would never waste our precious time on something so frivolous (........;)) I was unterly surprised by the lack of entries.

I think the biggest thing to take away from all this is that the home jersey will be primarily dark blue and orange instead of sky blue. Unless I'm reading into this the wrong way.

Could it be that the FO actually listened to the fans?

Reactions: BossNYC and Kjbert
I think the biggest thing to take away from all this is that the home jersey will be primarily dark blue and orange instead of sky blue. Unless I'm reading into this the wrong way.

It will be sky blue. The mls kit guy said that we'll be getting a new home kit next year. No way we are having two dark blue kits.

Here's the article. Check out the last sentence.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/02/10/exclusive-adidas-interview-new-secondary-jersey

Yeah it would be impossible to have two dark blues jerseys, you need a light vs dark difference on the two jerseys to ensure a game can occur and have visible contrast for the viewers.

That being said, I don't mind the light blue, actually as a color I like it, the issue was more around the lack of any other feature, it seems that will change. (IMO)

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
It will be sky blue. The mls kit guy said that we'll be getting a new home kit next year. No way we are having two dark blue kits.

Here's the article. Check out the last sentence.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/02/10/exclusive-adidas-interview-new-secondary-jersey

I remember reading this article and that line but I guess I just forgot.

Yeah it would be impossible to have two dark blues jerseys, you need a light vs dark difference on the two jerseys to ensure a game can occur and have visible contrast for the viewers.

That being said, I don't mind the light blue, actually as a color I like it, the issue was more around the lack of any other feature, it seems that will change. (IMO)

Yeah I get that. I don't mind the light blue either I just wish it had more unique design elements. Hopefully we get that with the new one next year. I'm very intrigued.

Reactions: thesauerchise
We'll get a new collar design and the secondary color of the kit will be dark blue/orange rather than white. Like MCFC 2014.

Manchester-City-New-Jersey-2014-2015.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
If someone with graphic design experience can make a mock up for me. I'd like to see our next kit look this.

1) Swap out the Nike for Adidas and Man City patch for NYCFC.
2) Swap the white base to sky blue.
3) This has a sky blue then dark blue stripe. Our would be dark blue, white, then orange like the NYC flag. Stripes are still on the right side of the kit.
4) We may have a different collar. Adidas is wear went with the v-neck a lot.

4j51g8.jpg

Reactions: NYCFCP and Kjbert
So after the jersey release shitshow and the worldwide embarassment of having a man city replica, we get our first chance to do our own thing and the first thing people want is yet another man city clone?

There's an article with the designer at Adidas saying the new home kit will certainly have sky blue as a key color. Put the dark blue, white, and orange stripes in the middle then. But that's the Union's thing. I just want a cool looking kit.

i dont mind the sky blue. no one else has it i believe in their primary or secondary kit. if you can find ways to put in the dark blue or orange go for it but i wouldnt be upset if they didnt

As a Chelsea fan, I will not be buying this year's home kit. Look like kid's pajamas

I want Nottingham Forest's Adidas kit, but in blue:

home_sponsor.jpg

Would love to see three different colors in the stripes. I can't find an example of this right now, but I think I've seen Adidas do it before for a Mexico kit and some Fanatic kits. Orange, white and blue would be ill.

Reactions: Jock and adam