2017 STH Pricing and Renewal Info

Did someone put together a summary of when/where there is shade?

So LionNYC LionNYC started with Legends Seats in 2015, upgraded to Pitchside A in 2016..... will 2017 be the year he gets a Suite???

I'd never get a suite. It's not worth the value and it's too far from the game experience.
Honorary Assistant to the Assistant Coach position.

That's more likely. I can get in the ear of the referee without warranting an ejection.
Not bad at all. And I think LionNYC LionNYC would rather pitch side than Legends

I actually had both this year. Once I sat in Pitchside I never left those seats. I'd either sell or give the Legends seats to friends/family. I'm only going with Pitchside from 2017 onward.
I'm thinking center circle.*

*Legal Notice: Neither NYCFC nor Yankee Stadium assumes any liability for Center Circle™ seat holders being hit by a soccer ball or being trampled by running players, refs, or pitch invaders.

There's chatter that they will actually have on field tickets. It's not actually a seat. You just get to run around the field while they're playing the game. But you have to avoid the run of play.

There's chatter that they will actually have on field tickets. It's not actually a seat. You just get to run around the field while they're playing the game. But you have to avoid the run of play.
Probably need to pass a fitness test before you're allowed to buy them though. Also, does the price of the "seats" include an opposite color jersey too? If it does I'm in!

Hopefully people give up some good seats during the relocation process this year. I'm very disappointed with my hastily chosen relocation seats so I need to do better this year!

Reactions: joe
Certainly, nobody can complain about pricing this year. Remains very reasonable. I am certainly going to renew. Will consider changing seats. I like my spot in 232B, Row 2, but I don't love it - although I suspect that is true for most of the Yankee Stadium seating - nothing is going to be great.

I'm digging the code for the 250 Renewal Cityzen points

That was good too, although it only seemed to work for one of my three seats. So, if you have multiple seats, think about which one you want to use it for.

Reactions: Albany_NYCFC
$1 per game extra, I definitely expected more
I agree. I think the first season was kind of an introductory price. They were very cheap by New York standards. Last year we saw a somewhat steep price increase and now I think we are where we are at least until a stadium is being built. We will likely see small incremental increases each year for now.

bumped up my cat1 tix $5/game. Jerks.
I think they bumped it $2 or $3 the last increase.

I'm thinking center circle.*

*Legal Notice: Neither NYCFC nor Yankee Stadium assumes any liability for Center Circle™ seat holders being hit by a soccer ball or being trampled by running players, refs, or pitch invaders.
Without Nemec on the team I think your disclaimer will be a non factor regarding players......

Reactions: SoupInNYC and adam
Appreciate the lead, but I can't find it on the website.

Intern, feel free to PM me the link.
I'm in Section 228 Row 13 and the row in front of me stayed in their seats during the rain storm Everybody else bugged-out. So I think it's safe to say Row 12 is the first line of seats/teetering on the edge - but make sure you take into consideration where in the stadium you're looking at. I'm on the West side so the sun is already setting except for Noon games. The same row along the 1st base line may/may not afford protection from the sun while the east side may need to go even further back. Rain will depend on where it's driving from.

I believe the roof goes to row 10 all the way around. But my observation from 233B in the Colorado game was that you needed to go back to 12 or so to get good protection, and probably 13 to be totally dry.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
it only seemed to work for one of my three seats. So, if you have multiple seats, think about which one you want to use it for.
Same here, only worked on 1 of my 2 . really should be able to apply it to all seats

Did someone put together a summary of when/where there is shade?
I believe the roof goes to row 10 all the way around. But my observation from 233B in the Colorado game was that you needed to go back to 12 or so to get good protection, and probably 13 to be totally dry.
Before the original seat selection in 2014, they sent an email with this:
  1. If you would like to sit underneath an overhang, the row in which it begins in each section is below:
    • Section 105 - 106 = Row 14; S107 = R15; S108 = R17; S109 = R21; S110 = R24; S111 - 134 = R25
    • All 200 Level Sections = Row 11
The problem is they have since renumbered the rows in some sections, but I think that was only on the first level and the 200s are the same. Also, as others noted, depending on the wind rain can still hit you below the overhang, and the sun is even more variable. Some sections will be entirely in shade all afternoon and others can have rown below the overhang get sunlight. Roughly, the first base side of the stadium is the south side and gets shade soonest. Then the 3rd base side because that's on the west where the sun spends the afternoon.

Reactions: joe and Lasker
Before the original seat selection in 2014, they sent an email with this:
  1. If you would like to sit underneath an overhang, the row in which it begins in each section is below:
    • Section 105 - 106 = Row 14; S107 = R15; S108 = R17; S109 = R21; S110 = R24; S111 - 134 = R25
    • All 200 Level Sections = Row 11
The problem is they have since renumbered the rows in some sections, but I think that was only on the first level and the 200s are the same. Also, as others noted, depending on the wind rain can still hit you below the overhang, and the sun is even more variable. Some sections will be entirely in shade all afternoon and others can have rown below the overhang get sunlight. Roughly, the first base side of the stadium is the south side and gets shade soonest. Then the 3rd base side because that's on the west where the sun spends the afternoon.
Forum beats Club