2018 Season Ticket Thread

False
RBN1017019_170908_red_member_ALLRED_BENEFITS2_TICKETS_0.png

well yea...you gotta convince people to buy ST when they struggle to fill up the stadium.

EDIT: no lie though i rather have playoff home tickets in lieu of a STH gift

I'm sure the cost of the "free-stuff" is factored into the price of they season tickets.
This is what bugs me.

I'm one of those people who prefers getting on airlines where you have to pay for everything you use. When I get on an airplane with free wi-fi, I'm subsidising other people's wi-fi because I generally just read or pass out.

The way it is now, I'm actually paying a premium on my season tickets just so we get (typically crappy) gifts. The only (debatable) benefit is that we get to complain about them every year and I learn more about all of my fellow forum members and their (perfectly valid) inanities.

I'd rather not even get a physical card. It's making my wallet big and my pants are already kinda tight from all the cash that's in them ;) Scan my retina or fingerprint me even.

I personally don't give a shit, but the fact is that other teams get a better STH package while we are second-class citizens in a non-soccer venue. I can help get a little jealous looking at the Red Bulls STH package.

We don't get playoff tickets in our package. We don't get US Open Cup tickets in our package. Our home games are subject to get moved out of state based on the whim of the Yankees. Our gift last year was a rubber band.

A lot of people here have been founding members since day 1 and a little more than the ability to spend thousands of fake internet points on a store that is never stock with stuff would be nice.

you dont give a shit but then say you get jealous?

we dont have a stadium thats big reason why half no playoff or US open cup ( and even CCL? ) tickets come for free, which would be cool

man i been here since year 1 as well ( and will continue to be a STH) but no good gift is not reason why i would complain. results on field would be.

I personally don't give a shit, but the fact is that other teams get a better STH package while we are second-class citizens in a non-soccer venue. I can help get a little jealous looking at the Red Bulls STH package.

We don't get playoff tickets in our package. We don't get US Open Cup tickets in our package. Our home games are subject to get moved out of state based on the whim of the Yankees. Our gift last year was a rubber band.

A lot of people here have been founding members since day 1 and a little more than the ability to spend thousands of fake internet points on a store that is never stock with stuff would be nice.
I would even do away with the Cityzen points. I would love to see us be bold and firm about what we actually care about and what we think we should be doing with our fans' hard-earned money - which is building a side which plays winning, attracting football, and not creating more half-baked crap that continues to fill the planet's junkyards and oceans.

Reactions: Goodfella
Wonder if the playoff tickets being included is all upside for them, as it's actually factored into the full price of season tickets, but they get to keep it if they don't make the playoffs (or are one and done).
That, and I also wonder if they are concerned that they wouldn't be able to sell enough tickets for their playoff matches.

Reactions: Ulrich and JayH
I would even do away with the Cityzen points. I would love to see us be bold and firm about what we actually care about and what we think we should be doing with our fans' hard-earned money - which is building a side which plays winning, attracting football, and not creating more half-baked crap that continues to fill the planet's junkyards and oceans.

some are good though, i mean i dont know how other teams do it...but i feel like those meet and greets and send off are good stuff to do.

The Cityzen points thing is solely a marketing scheme. And I don't mean in terms of getting season ticket holders more interested in points and the team.

People get points for entering the code for watching on TV, going to get more eyeballs on the live airings as opposed to tape delay/MLS Live, higher ratings, hopefully boost advertising.

People get points for tweeting about it, generates more social media presence around the club, could potentially grab the attention of others.

you can fuck off. when someone proves you wrong dont be a little bitch.

My point is this...the Red Bulls need to offer MLS Cup Playoffs and US Open Cup tickets as part of their membership to attract new fans and encourage fans to renew. New York City doesn't have to do that, because they have a fan base that will buy those additional tickets and support the team regardless of the season ticket structure.

But more importantly, we can't be offered included US Open Cup tickets because we'll never play in a stadium for a USOC match that will be able to fit all season ticket holders, until we get a new stadium. So, the club has to sell tickets. Well, what about free tickets then or just do a first to redeem free tickets. Well, those would get on the secondary market and would ruin the purpose.

Apologies for saying you should root for the Red Bulls. I just don't find it appropriate that fans demand things from the front office. For season tickets we are entitled to season tickets, and the right to buy playoff tickets.

The Cityzen points thing is solely a marketing scheme. And I don't mean in terms of getting season ticket holders more interested in points and the team.

People get points for entering the code for watching on TV, going to get more eyeballs on the live airings as opposed to tape delay/MLS Live, higher ratings, hopefully boost advertising.

People get points for tweeting about it, generates more social media presence around the club, could potentially grab the attention of others.
some are good though, i mean i dont know how other teams do it...but i feel like those meet and greets and send off are good stuff to do.
This is fair. The Cityzen points stuff to me is off-putting because it is so clearly a marketing scheme. The City Beats stuff too - just seems plastic and calculated. Even meet and greets and send offs could probably be less explicit and more organic.

Perhaps I'm too much of a traditionalist though.

This is fair. The Cityzen points stuff to me is off-putting because it is so clearly a marketing scheme. The City Beats stuff too - just seems plastic and calculated. Even meet and greets and send offs could probably be less explicit and more organic.

Yeah, I'm a total points snob when it comes to travel. Have done a lot of it for work and have learned that if you aren't maximizing your points, you're leaving a lot on the table.

But even considering that and how irrationally crazy I am about this team, I can't really find myself getting enthused about the points. I used some two years ago and got a pretty cool t-shirt and every once in a while I check the site to see if there's anything else worth grabbing.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

i feel like its a pretty good system for everyone getting a chance to do what they want and when they want to go though.

EDIT: Couldnt care less about the merch. Just talking about the meet and greets and other events

Yeah, I'm a total points snob when it comes to travel. Have done a lot of it for work and have learned that if you aren't maximizing your points, you're leaving a lot on the table.
Can you/we start a point maximizing thread please?!?

Reactions: SoupInNYC

I haven't run into Villa outside of a Yankee stadium meet and greet, so not sure if my traditional travel to games is up to snuff.

I can say the same guy that gave me a haircut in white plains was also the same guy giving Jack Harrison a haircut (seen on Jack's Insta story). Hoping my moving to White Plains may lead to a random encounter, but nothing yet. NYCFC players haven't been seen at the Iron Tomato after work on a Friday.

I haven't run into Villa outside of a Yankee stadium meet and greet, so not sure if my traditional travel to games is up to snuff.

I can say the same guy that gave me a haircut in white plains was also the same guy giving Jack Harrison a haircut (seen on Jack's Insta story). Hoping my moving to White Plains may lead to a random encounter, but nothing yet. NYCFC players haven't been seen at the Iron Tomato after work on a Friday.
One of my friends ran into Villa and Iraola and their families at Pier I Cafe on the West Side a few years back.

You’re not a Long islander anymore?