2018 Season Ticket Thread

This is fair. The Cityzen points stuff to me is off-putting because it is so clearly a marketing scheme. The City Beats stuff too - just seems plastic and calculated. Even meet and greets and send offs could probably be less explicit and more organic.

Perhaps I'm too much of a traditionalist though.

im curious for the meet and greets and send offs, how can they be more organic though?

i mean you use points for the send off and its limited spaces to get a chance to meet everyone ( i think ) ....fans also line up early (no points) to get pictures autographs when players come in except im not sure how many of the players go thru there when they come in.

for other events, there is a bar they are doing some Q& A and a player or PV is there and you do meet and greet if you want to use your points to RSVP you do it. i dont know what the traditionalist thing here is.

again, i dont know how other other teams do it so i cant really compare.

EDIT: I mean i did meet Jack Harrison shook his hand and all, some took pictures and spent few mins talking with my buddies too right outside of a bar after a game....is that what we mean by organic?

Fools, you're wasting your time arguing while someone can try and find out WHAT'S IN THE BOX!!!

Someone call or spy on the offices.

Fools, you're wasting your time arguing while someone can try and find out WHAT'S IN THE BOX!!!

Someone call or spy on the offices.

eotzkFt.gif

EDIT: Also this:

Last edited:
im curious for the meet and greets and send offs, how can they be more organic though?

i mean you use points for the send off and its limited spaces to get a chance to meet everyone ( i think ) ....fans also line up early (no points) to get pictures autographs when players come in except im not sure how many of the players go thru there when they come in.

for other events, there is a bar they are doing some Q& A and a player or PV is there and you do meet and greet if you want to use your points to RSVP you do it. i dont know what the traditionalist thing here is.

again, i dont know how other other teams do it so i cant really compare.

EDIT: I mean i did meet Jack Harrison shook his hand and all, some took pictures and spent few mins talking with my buddies too right outside of a bar after a game....is that what we mean by organic?
All this organic talk is making me think if tomatoes. I regret using the term at all lol.

I'm honestly not sure how other teams do it either. Maybe fans just wait before and after games. Maybe they just pay for tickets to meet and greets. Perhaps fans don't get that option at all. This is the first time I've had a local team that I supported, so I'm quite uninformed.

How did people do it before the Internet?

That would be hilarious if our club gave those out. Couple the low percentage of car owners in the city, with the fact that CT MA and probably a few other states restrict those things, they would be free on eBay.
Really, CT and MA restrict them? What about the car dealerships that put them on?

you dont give a shit but then say you get jealous?

we dont have a stadium thats big reason why half no playoff or US open cup ( and even CCL? ) tickets come for free, which would be cool

man i been here since year 1 as well ( and will continue to be a STH) but no good gift is not reason why i would complain. results on field would be.
I empathize with people who complain. I could care less about a gift. We do get a worse deal dollar for dollar compared to other teams.

Edit: spell check blunder

Last edited:
Reactions: adam and FredMertz
and im on the opposite end of the spectrum where i dont think i should dictate what "free" gift somebody gives.

You are confusing the terms "free" and "included".
They don't give us anything for free -- it's just included.

Same with the Red Bulls and playoff tickets -- that's actually a bad deal as they are included in the price you pay whether or not they even play them.

If they're going to send them, they might as well pay some attention to what the feedback is. And my feedback is that I don't need 6 more scarves.

Anyone else get a chuckle when you're walking around town and see someone with the backpack of infinite zipper pulls?

Last edited:
I haven't run into Villa outside of a Yankee stadium meet and greet, so not sure if my traditional travel to games is up to snuff.

I can say the same guy that gave me a haircut in white plains was also the same guy giving Jack Harrison a haircut (seen on Jack's Insta story). Hoping my moving to White Plains may lead to a random encounter, but nothing yet. NYCFC players haven't been seen at the Iron Tomato after work on a Friday.

They're all in the Melting Pot.

I would even do away with the Cityzen points. I would love to see us be bold and firm about what we actually care about and what we think we should be doing with our fans' hard-earned money - which is building a side which plays winning, attracting football, and not creating more half-baked crap that continues to fill the planet's junkyards and oceans.
I'm surprised you'd say this -- it's very easy to ignore if you don't like it, but Fred Jr. and I have gotten a lot out of the program, from our signed locker room Mat-arita to a "City Sendoff" each year to a walkout for him in 2016.

It's a great way to let the fans feel a connection with the team.

I'm surprised you'd say this -- it's very easy to ignore if you don't like it, but Fred Jr. and I have gotten a lot out of the program, from our signed locker room Mat-arita to a "City Sendoff" each year to a walkout for him in 2016.

It's a great way to let the fans feel a connection with the team.
I've been to a couple of send-offs. It's cool. It feels very orderly. I suppose I prefer my experiences unmediated.

Same with the Red Bulls and playoff tickets -- that's actually a bad deal as they are included in the price you pay whether or not they even play them.

If they're going to send them, they might as well pay some attention to what the feedback is. And my feedback is that I don't need 6 more scarves.

Anyone else get a chuckle when you're walking around town and see someone with the backpack of infinite zipper pulls?

So you are saying we need more backpacks as a "gift"? I do see them quite frequently on my way to work which surprises me since weren't they bad quality and broke down after a few months?

I emphasize with people who complain. I could care less about a gift. We do get a worse deal dollar for dollar compared to other teams.

Could be worse we could be paying even more he'll I think there are teams who's supporter section is more expensive and others who get nothing at all just the card and a sticker

This is why I don't empathize with those who complain.

Reactions: Kangaroo Jack
Really, CT and MA restrict them? What about the car dealerships that put them on?
Not sure. Mine was put on by the dealership years ago. I got pulled over and the trooper made me take it off. Last time I bought a car, the dealership confirmed they are not authorized in MA and CT unless issued by a non profit and meet size restrictions or something like that.

Not sure. Mine was put on by the dealership years ago. I got pulled over and the trooper made me take it off. Last time I bought a car, the dealership confirmed they are not authorized in MA and CT unless issued by a non profit and meet size restrictions or something like that.
I believe if any part of the holder covers any writing on the license plate some states have laws that make that illegal. In example, if the plate holder even covers a very small portion of the "NEW YORK" written across the center top of the plate, it's breaking the law and one can get pulled over. Dealers use it as free marketing, but even their holders may be against the law depending how big they are/ if they cover a certain area.

i dont think i am. Its not included if they wont want it to be included. What we are paying for is tickets to our seats. Nowhere is there a guarantee what we will get a free gift. If they didnt include the gift, do you think theyd lower the price of our tickets 20-30 bucks or whatever the gift costs? I dont think so. But now i think were just talking semantics

Reactions: Schwallacus
Could be worse we could be paying even more he'll I think there are teams who's supporter section is more expensive and others who get nothing at all just the card and a sticker

This is why I don't empathize with those who complain.
It could be worse is kinda of a shitty philosophy to live your life by.

It could be worse is kinda of a shitty philosophy to live your life by.

lmfao... yes lets compare life with something you are PAYING for....you could easily not pay for it because of a gift....

For someone that claims "to not give a shit" about the gift....you really going hard at this.