2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
That’s like saying it was a big deal that Costa Rica’s LB got a red card tonight.

Both players aren’t of a high quality.

NJRB has $10 Million offers to transfer Long just three weeks ago. Those same offers are going to be there in January. Maybe higher offers even.

Taty's play tonight was a complement to him.

NJRB has $10 Million offers to transfer Long just three weeks ago. Those same offers are going to be there in January. Maybe higher offers even.

Taty's play tonight was a complement to him.
When did those offers come in - thought they were still in the $3m range, with RB wanting $15m?

And yeah, Taty destroyed him - that was fun to watch.

Reactions: Kjbert

Heber should win MLS newcomer of the year, hands down. He's had the biggest impact and is producing like a DP. if he doesn't win, there's some conspiracy!

also, he should win goal of the week, but Vela's dribble into the goal was pretty nifty too. I wouldn't be mad if he won over Heber, but a silky backheel meg in a derby seems more impressive than dribbling through a quakes defense who had basically given up.

Heber should win MLS newcomer of the year, hands down. He's had the biggest impact and is producing like a DP. if he doesn't win, there's some conspiracy!

also, he should win goal of the week, but Vela's dribble into the goal was pretty nifty too. I wouldn't be mad if he won over Heber, but a silky backheel meg in a derby seems more impressive than dribbling through a quakes defense who had basically given up.
I love how, until you see the reverse angle, it doesn't even appear he looks to see if it went in. It looks like he just KNOWS.

Saw something from Jason Davis about Heber and Justin Glaad today. Apparently, we’re at the level of a non-playoff team when he’s off the field.

Reactions: Schwallacus
So the NYCFC Instagram team put out an "international call ups" picture and included is Abdi Mohamed.
...did we sign the guy? I completely forgot he even exists, and have no clue What he's up to...

So the NYCFC Instagram team put out an "international call ups" picture and included is Abdi Mohamed.
...did we sign the guy? I completely forgot he even exists, and have no clue What he's up to...
He plays for mephis I believe, saw him against Hartford athletic. I thought he was never signed but I guess he is just on loan?

When Sands was injured, his prognosis was to be out 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks would have him back against New England. 7 would have him back against Philly.

When Heber was injured, his prognosis was 3-4 weeks. That would have him back somewhere in the coming week of games: Dallas-Atlanta-New England. To be fair, Dome also said "maybe he will be back for Philly" - so it could be longer.

We were warned about him being injury-prone. This is his second injury this season, correct?

i seem to recall this when the rumors were floating around before we signed him. but the same issue was also raised for Mitri, I believe. both have had their share of injuries this season.

Hopefully, Heber is back for Philly but he'll def. be back for the playoffs. Perhaps Philly can be his match fitness lead in and have him play 20 mins or so.

Kind of getting discussed in some of the game day threads but probably belongs here. At 100% healthy, what is our starting XI at this point?

Mitri - Heber - Taty
Maxi - Ring - Parks
Callens - Sands - Chanot - Tinny
Johnson

Bench: Isi, GMS, Medina, Ofori, Mata, Ibi, Stuver

I think that gets our best 11 on the field.

Notable omissions from the 18: Sweat, Rocha

Could also make an argument for Sweat over Ibi or Mata.