2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Owosu soon. Can’t use up an international slot if you’re signing a HG kid. Would be a waste of resources

Owosu probably more ready to contribute at this stage than Haak. Probably Sands, Owosu, Haak, Scally in that order. Scally the higher ceiling than all of them.

Owosu soon. Can’t use up an international slot if you’re signing a HG kid. Would be a waste of resources

Owosu probably more ready to contribute at this stage than Haak. Probably Sands, Owosu, Haak, Scally in that order. Scally the higher ceiling than all of them.

Didn't realize Owusu is an INT. Makes no sense to have him on the 1st team if that's the case, not if he's not getting real minutes. Just hamstrings us. Get a transfer fee and send him to Europe. He's 18.

Man I wish I had time to watch our academy. Is there any kind of central place to keep track and watch games?

You mean like during the first 60 minutes when we try and walk the ball into the goal?
I’d be curious what the breakdown is per player for number of shots (and success rate) when leading and trailing and how that relates to their cumulative number.

Reactions: Kjbert
They’re working on it. He won’t be an Intl
You’re the epitome of the insider on the outside. This is focused info that wouldn’t be known without a direct contact in the club, either FO or academy. I’m betting the academy.

"check out later this week"... we're already on thursday so that means within the next two days we should get more info?
I'm thinking he is saying that he will author a story covering the interview and elaborate on his DP preferences. I dont think he was saying to expect signings later this week.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I'm thinking he is saying that he will author a story covering the interview and elaborate on his DP preferences. I dont think he was saying to expect signings later this week.

He wrote Dome expects to sign more players "within the next week or so", then further wrote his full story from the Dome interview would be posted "later this week."

Didn't realize Owusu is an INT. Makes no sense to have him on the 1st team if that's the case, not if he's not getting real minutes. Just hamstrings us. Get a transfer fee and send him to Europe. He's 18.

They’re working on it. He won’t be an Intl

As per MLS roster rules, I am pretty sure any Homegrown signed qualifies as a domestic, regardless of their actual nationality. :)

From the site
https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

Homegrown International Rule
Any player who meets the requirements to qualify as a Homegrown Player as a member of an MLS club academy, either in the U.S. or Canada, or has met similar requirements as a member of a Canadian Approved Youth Club+, will count as a domestic player (i.e., he will not occupy an international spot) on both U.S. and Canadian club rosters provided that:

• The player became a member of an MLS club academy, either in the U.S. or Canada, or a Canadian Approved Youth Club in the year prior to the year in which he turns 16;
  • AND the player signs his first professional contract with MLS or an MLS club's USL affiliate.
+MLS will work in coordination with Canada Soccer to identify qualifying Canadian Approved Youth Clubs that meet specific standards in relation to competition, environment, and coaching. These Canadian Approved Youth Clubs may or may not be affiliated with an MLS club.

You’re the epitome of the insider on the outside. This is focused info that wouldn’t be known without a direct contact in the club, either FO or academy. I’m betting the academy.

I don’t know anyone in the Academy. At least I don’t think I do

I never said signings, did I.\? I clearly said "more info".