2019 Roster Discussion

What Position Should NYCFC Target For Its Splash Signing?

• Striker

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • Midfielder

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Defender

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
So GMS is available on a free this summer. He’s being coy in his interviews which leads me to believe he wants to come here but is holding out for $.

Is everyone here cool with a guy like that joining in the summer so that we don’t have to pay a nominal fee for him?
We're flush with wingers at this point, but it'd be nice to have someone that plays a bit like Harrison come in. We've missed a lot of that individual skill on both sidelines. Isi was a pretty dependable scorer, but we need creators out there. We lacked that most of last year, especially when Dome forced the team wide. That said, if we can save cap space and stay in the top 4, it may be worth waiting for.

Reactions: Kjbert
I’m getting the sense that some of our wingers may be midfielders this year.
If that's just a sense, I agree. I think there's been a lot of chatter about Medina in the center.

Is it anything more than that though?

It's also interesting given how much we're stacking up in there. Maxi, Ring, Haak, Medina, Moralez, Ofori, Parks, Rocha, Sands makes 9 players potentially competing for 3 or 4 positions.

Remember when Dome says he likes playing with wingers? I don't think he meant wingers at winger position. I think he just meant he wants a full starting XI of wingers...
I chuckled.

And then I sobbed uncontrollably. It’s one thing to move wide players central when they demonstrate a particular skill set (see, eg, all of Liverpool’s mids). It’s another to just cram them in there.

Reactions: Shwafta
Getting this guy would be a plus, no doubt about it.

Yes, it’s hard to see how he fits with Ofori, Parks, Ring and Sands already at the 6 and 8, but never complain about more talent coming onto the team.

Reactions: Kjbert