2019 Season Ticket Thread

The app is great now. Make sure you upload it.

There is a Cityzens portal too now.

I already returned my tickets for March 17th. I also had $60 of City Tokens to start which was nice.

I tried to upgrade for June 6 but it looks like the upgrade feature isn’t available yet.

Reactions: Schwallacus
Ticket Trade-In Program

I've just traded out of tickets for weeknight games to add tickets to the first two games, when I am taking the kids. Worked smoothly.

A few observations.
  1. For the tickets you trade in, you get the price you paid as "City Tokens" - $1 = 1 token. You then spend these tokens to buy or upgrade tickets for games.
  2. Even if you are a Founding Member, you buy the new tickets at the regular member price. I suppose the extra tokens for Founding Members are to compensate for this.
  3. You can't trade-in tickets until you have paid for them, so if you are on the monthly plan, you either have to trade in later or buy those tickets sooner.

The app is great now. Make sure you upload it.

There is a Cityzens portal too now.

I already returned my tickets for March 17th. I also had $60 of City Tokens to start which was nice.

I tried to upgrade for June 6 but it looks like the upgrade feature isn’t available yet.
Looks like upgrade dollars flex depending on how many tickets/how much they cost.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ticket Trade-In Program

I've just traded out of tickets for weeknight games to add tickets to the first two games, when I am taking the kids. Worked smoothly.

A few observations.
  1. For the tickets you trade in, you get the price you paid as "City Tokens" - $1 = 1 token. You then spend these tokens to buy or upgrade tickets for games.
  2. Even if you are a Founding Member, you buy the new tickets at the regular member price. I suppose the extra tokens for Founding Members are to compensate for this.
  3. You can't trade-in tickets until you have paid for them, so if you are on the monthly plan, you either have to trade in later or buy those tickets sooner.
Wait - do you get the regular member credit as well or are you getting credited founder and charged regular?

Credited founder and charged regular. The extra tokens I received will cover most of it.
I received $92 in tokens for 8 trade-ins ($11.50 per game) and and I calculated that trading into a game of the same tier will cost me $22 in tokens.

So trading from like to like will cost me $9.50.

I received $92 in tokens for 8 trade-ins ($11.50 per game) and and I calculated that trading into a game of the same tier will cost me $22 in tokens.

So trading from like to like will cost me $9.50.
So, this makes me curious. How are you only getting $11.50 per seat? Even the lowest tier games in the Supporters Section are $16 each.

By comparison, I traded out of $32 seats and into $35 seats, so the difference was $3/seat.

ETA: I've now added up the difference between founding and regular prices for the 5 games I am trading into. It equals $34 for the season, which is only $10 more than the credit I got. I am okay with that.

How they heck are you only getting $11.50 per seat? Even the lowest tier games in the Supporters Section are $16 each.

By comparison, I traded out of $32 seats and into $35 seats, so the difference was $3/seat.
I wasn't clear -- the $11.50 per game is the $92 in bonus tokens I got, divided by 8 games you're allowed to trade in.

I have 2 champions seats with a $9 difference between founders and regular prices and 2 SS seats with a $2 difference. So I have to pay $22 extra to swap, minus the $11.50 in tokens.

Last edited:
I want clear -- the $11.50 per game is the $92 in bonus tokens I got, divided by 8 games you're allowed to trade in.

I have 2 champions seats with a $9 difference between founders and regular prices and 2 SS seats with a $2 difference. So I have to pay $22 extra to swap, minus the $11.50 in tokens.
Got it. Yeah, it's not a total compensation, but it's more than a good start. I added my math above while you were responding.

So, this makes me curious. How are you only getting $11.50 per seat? Even the lowest tier games in the Supporters Section are $16 each.

ETA: I've now added up the difference between founding and regular prices for the 5 games I am trading into. It equals $34 for the season, which is only $10 more than the credit I got. I am okay with that.
It's just silly. Why should founding members have to pay extra when regular members do not?

Why not just charge and credit the same amount?

Reactions: SoupInNYC