2019 Season Ticket Thread

It will never cease to amaze me to hear people complaining about free stuff that the club doesn't owe them in the first place.

So you're going to be that guy this season? They 'charge' us $25 for this. Give me an option to keep my $25 and go card free with the phone app and I'll stop complaining about crap they send me to justify the $25 they force me to spend on top of my season ticket price.

Others are worse doesn't make bad better.
I like the flag. I'd never buy it myself, but I enjoy getting it for "free." And yes I know that I paid for it, but that's the point. When I buy my tickets I am buying access to 17 games, 1 cheap scarf and 1 mystery gift. Some years the mystery will be great. Some years not so much. This year I'm happy to see the flag go up in my man cave. Even if I don't like the gift next year, the suspense and expectation around the package are worth the small cost. To me anyway.

Got an email from the club at 1:59pm with my tracking info:

To help you gear up for an amazing season ahead, your membership package has been shipped!
If you haven’t received your package yet. Please find the FedEx tracking number below​

According to FedEx: Delivered Friday 3/01/2019 at 1:42 pm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the flag. I'd never buy it myself, but I enjoy getting it for "free." And yes I know that I paid for it, but that's the point. When I buy my tickets I am buying access to 17 games, 1 cheap scarf and 1 mystery gift. Some years the mystery will be great. Some years not so much. This year I'm happy to see the flag go up in my man cave. Even if I don't like the gift next year, the suspense and expectation around the package are worth the small cost. To me anyway.
The joy of low expectations.

Low expectations are why most things are crap.

Reactions: Kjbert
So I just got the call from my rep about the trade in. I had wanted to do this a couple weeks ago but he said then that he wasn't sure how it would work yet until they had they had their educational group seminar. Said I would be his first call, but seems you guys had a few hours head start :(.

Anyway, I traded out of 8 games (DC, MON, CHI, SEA, SKC, HOU, CLB, TOR) from nosebleeds section to Legends B vs RBs. I think it was a clever move. Living in CT at the moment I really don't want make the trip to any of these mid week games, but I probably would like to check out the legends seats once and worst case I think legends vs RB would easily outsell all 8 of these mid weeks games combined, if i intend on selling.

The issue with the "free tokens" is not a treat for founding members, but rather they couldn't put two prices for the sames seats in the "trade in" function. So even though they have my founding member cost loaded for my "trade out" i have to buy back at the regular price. The pre-loaded "free tokens" was a workaround to let me sorta buy back in a founding member prices. Should cover most small trade ins, but it wasn't enough for my full swap, so I am in limbo waiting for them to add a few more tokens. My rep is holding my trade in seats, which is nice i guess, but sounds like from what he said there are more prime seats being held in reserve for other things. That came up cause I said I don't want to lose these seats cause of your glitch, to which he mentioned don't worry, the reserve will hold, but if not there are plenty of better seats on hold for unrelated purposes that we could free up if needed.

All in all, its a nice feature in the app. It would be nice if they could show the seats on a stadium layout though. As it is now you just need to keep hitting refresh to cycle though available seats, which isn't the best when you might be on the best available but you don't really know unless you cycle repeatedly to confirm. Good luck to those with trust issues, i foresee them getting stuck in refresh paralysis.

The joy of low expectations.

Low expectations are why most things are crap.

what do you want though, im curious people dont want cheap shit but what do people want? pair of sneakers or the jacket that everyone loves that NJRB season ticket holders get.

which btw i never see being worn in rb fans at least the few that i know are ST holders

what do you want though, im curious people dont want cheap shit but what do people want? pair of sneakers or the jacket that everyone loves that NJRB season ticket holders get.

which btw i never see being worn in rb fans at least the few that i know are ST holders
It’d be nice if one year they sent Scarves (done x5), the next year a Beanie Cap, the following year a Baseball Cap (confirm ahead of time for the 500 STH if they need Mens/Women’s/Kids sizes), the next year maybe Gloves since we get so many cold matches..... mix it up a bit. Hell, maybe make the 5th year as a STH (shit, just had that) be something special like Training Jerseys.

It’d be nice if one year they sent Scarves (done x5), the next year a Beanie Cap, the following year a Baseball Cap (confirm ahead of time for the 500 STH if they need Mens/Women’s/Kids sizes), the next year maybe Gloves since we get so many cold matches..... mix it up a bit. Hell, maybe make the 5th year as a STH (shit, just had that) be something special like Training Jerseys.

lol i aint wearing training jerseys but the rest i of the stuff I would so i can see that. Just as i say that I remember the shitty messenger/backpacks we got and then broke like 6 months after at least for me.

it also doesnt help there was already beanie gate and i forgot what other gifts people got if they got those flex plan packages in previous years.

If I was sent an actual scarf for each of my seats, that’s something I would
Consider using.

Or a gift card to the team store. I’d like to buy my son a wool hat. I’d use that and probably end up spending more because they’ll drive me into the team store.

lol i aint wearing training jerseys but the rest i of the stuff I would so i can see that. Just as i say that I remember the shitty messenger/backpacks we got and then broke like 6 months after at least for me.

it also doesnt help there was already beanie gate and i forgot what other gifts people got if they got those flex plan packages in previous years.
So you never work out? That’s the perfect place for a Training Jersey.

I got a laptop bag last year for signing up to be a city member- I still use it now, but the clips to close it broke off so i use the straps and tie them shut. It's a dumb workaround, but the quality of the bag (other than those clips) is actually very good!