2020 CCL

So who if anyone from NYCFC will be there tomorrow?
If not Brad then who? Is there anyone with a spirting position available? I thought the majority of the coaching staff left with Dome

tomorrow is just the draw, right? i mean - does anybody really have to be present? maybe we can just send a pigeon.

Checking out the NYCFC article on today's draw, it says that all the teams drawn into Pot 1 are going to host the return legs of the first round, so we know our first round CCL matches will be away on or around Thursday, Feb 20 and then at home somewhere in NYC on or just before Thursday, Feb 27. We open the MLS season on Sunday, March 1 at Columbus.

If we advance, the two second round matches would be between Friday, March 6 and Saturday, March 14. The teams drawn into an odd number position for the first round (1, 3, 5, 7) host the second game of this round. In MLS, we play at Toronto on March 7 and host Dallas on March 14.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Checking out the NYCFC article on today's draw, it says that all the teams drawn into Pot 1 are going to host the return legs of the first round, so we know our first round CCL matches will be away on or around Thursday, Feb 20 and then at home somewhere in NYC on or just before Thursday, Feb 27. We open the MLS season on Sunday, March 1 at Columbus.

If we advance, the two second round matches would be between Friday, March 6 and Saturday, March 14. The teams drawn into an odd number position for the first round (1, 3, 5, 7) host the second game of this round. In MLS, we play at Toronto on March 7 and host Dallas on March 14.

So basically we're playing like March 10th or 11th.

Reactions: Kjbert
So basically we're playing like March 10th or 11th.

you’re assuming that NYCFC makes it out of the first round. Haven’t we learned never to assume anything when it comes to NYCFC and knockout round matches?

They could totally get knocked out by Saprissa or Leon or one of the teams in the first round.
Of course it would also be NYCFC to draw the Jamaican team and then lose as well.

We've actually got to get two games in between March 6 and March 14. Not sure how that works when we've got league games on the 6th and 14th. I am rather surprised we can't do the first CCL game earlier in the week of March 6 (which is a Friday).
Wouldn’t they reschedule the games? If I recall Portland was 4 or 5 games behind because of CCL play.

where are you getting this?

ccl site says first leg march 10-12 and second 17-19 for the quarter finals ( second round)

https://www.concacafchampionsleague...aw-to-take-place-in-mexico-city-on-december-9
I also pulled mine from the CCL site, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that your link is more accurate; it makes more sense. I found mine on the Schedule and Results page.

So, combining what NYCFC's site told us...

Feb 18-20: Away CCL
Feb 25-27: Home CCL
March 1: at Columbus
March 7: at Toronto
March 10-12: Potential CCL Match
March 14: Dallas
March 17-19: Potential CCL Match
March 21-22: Probable MLS Match

I also pulled mine from the CCL site, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that your link is more accurate; it makes more sense. I found mine on the Schedule and Results page.

So, combining what NYCFC's site told us...

Feb 18-20: Away CCL
Feb 25-27: Home CCL
March 1: at Columbus
March 7: at Toronto
March 10-12: Potential CCL Match
March 14: Dallas
March 17-19: Potential CCL Match
March 21-22: Probable MLS Match

if its the png. file/ thats last year schedule. they are not good with updating the site.

if its the png. file/ thats last year schedule. they are not good with updating the site.
Not the PNG file. If you go to the "Schedule/Results" page and look at all the blanks to be filled in for the actual games, there is fine print that gives the dates when the games are supposed to be played. As mentioned, these don't match what was in your article and don't make a lot of sense.

Anything to ask the coach???

giphy.gif

Does anyone know why Leon is in Pot 2? I understand the numbers: there are 9 MLS and Liga MX teams and only 8 spots in Pot 1. I'm wondering why Leon is the one who got demoted.

Does anyone know why Leon is in Pot 2? I understand the numbers: there are 9 MLS and Liga MX teams and only 8 spots in Pot 1. I'm wondering why Leon is the one who got demoted.

the table is there. the allocation is done by spot not by country or league. the farther you in tournament the more points you accumulate for the spot ( USA 1, USA 2, MEX 1 MEX 2 etc).

Basically spot "MEX4" ( IIRC this goes to the the runner up of liga mx with least points in the calendar year) has not performed well in past few years. fate was sealed when toluca lost last year to SKC in early rounds. they did not accumulate enough points and dropped to pot 2,

it not the best way but it is moving average. i think its past 5 years.

the table is there. the allocation is done by spot not by country or league. the farther you in tournament the more points you accumulate for the spot ( USA 1, USA 2, MEX 1 MEX 2 etc).

Basically spot "MEX4" ( IIRC this goes to the the runner up of liga mx with least points in the calendar year) has not performed well in past few years. fate was sealed when toluca lost last year to SKC in early rounds. they did not accumulate enough points and dropped to pot 2,

it not the best way but it is moving average. i think its past 5 years.
Thank you.

Reactions: Fantazma and Kjbert
Excited to see us play America at St John’s

I assume our location may be determined by our opponent

Reactions: JayH