2021 MLS Cup in Portland - Travel and Logistics Thread

Flying out of La Guardia on American Airlines Friday. Flying back Saturday evening at 11:59 through American Airlines.

Staying at The Porter Portland which tells me is like 10 blocks from stadium....was cheap around $115

I booked my flights and hotel through Amex Travel.....was cheaper than going thru airline and hotel site imo

Got my tickets which was the last thing I needed to do. Can't wait to see all the supporters! Would love to see any forum members there. I'll be in Friday at 1pm if anyone wants to meet up.
I've got all of friday evening from 4pm where it's the sabbath for me, so I'll either be in my hotel reading a book or we can coordinate something to meet up haha!

• Love
Reactions: adam and sonastride
Flying out of La Guardia on American Airlines Friday. Flying back Saturday evening at 11:59 through American Airlines.

Staying at The Porter Portland which tells me is like 10 blocks from stadium....was cheap around $115

I booked my flights and hotel through Amex Travel.....was cheaper than going thru airline and hotel site imo
Staying at The Porter as well, so at least there will be two of us!

Flying Alaska Air both ways, in Thursday morning and out Sunday night.

"Recommend staying here (Courtyard) as the FO is throwing a pre-match breakfast tailgate in the hotel ballroom with free food and drinks. Details are TBD but if you cannot stay here then I would book close by. Plan is to march from the hotel to the stadium."

For anyone who got the tickets from the club , have you received any tickets ? I only got a confirmation email that the order was successful, also if I look in my account manager it says no events

I see hold of the money on my CC

Reactions: Victors87
For anyone who got the tickets from the club , have you received any tickets ? I only got a confirmation email that the order was successful, also if I look in my account manager it says no events

Yesterday around 4pm the club sent out emails saying mobile tickets will be distributed at the end of the week.

Reactions: LIexpat
I'm flying out solo Thursday night and leaving sunday night, staying at the AC Hotel. Would love to meet up with anybody else staying at the AC!
When thursday night are you leaving? My flight is from JFK at 8pm, via alaskan!

When thursday night are you leaving? My flight is from JFK at 8pm, via alaskan!
My flight is 7:45 out of JFK but JetBlue, so maybe I'll wave from my plane to yours! Gets in around 11:08pm in Portland and i'll probably end up taking a cab from the airport to the hotel.

Reactions: Shwafta

The tickets won’t be in your NYCFC account — they’ll be in a Timbers account that you’ll access through their Ticketmaster (or maybe SeatGeek) site when the time comes.

Reactions: LIexpat and LionNYC
My flight is 7:45 out of JFK but JetBlue, so maybe I'll wave from my plane to yours! Gets in around 11:08pm in Portland and i'll probably end up taking a cab from the airport to the hotel.
According to maps etc, the max red line is about 45 minutes from the airport to right outside the hotel. 1638905541498.png

Might be worth doing that for$2.50 versus whatever a taxi would cost

Reactions: Nelson Jay
looking like I can get away but feeling like it may be too late to get it together. Can someone confirm if tickets are still available?
Guess I should specify that I am thinking about bringing wife and daughter so 3 tickets needed if they decide to join me.
Not a STH this year if that matters.

Last edited:
Is anyone willing to share the link for the room block with me? Not a TR member but would love to stay where there are other NYCFC fans.

I'm on the same flight with my son.....let me know if you want to share a cab and split the cost.