2021 MLS Cup in Portland - Travel and Logistics Thread

Is anyone willing to share the link for the room block with me? Not a TR member but would love to stay where there are other NYCFC fans.
They've sold out (twice) whatever that means and only king rooms left according to a previous email. If you look back in this thread, there are some other hotels people (including me) are staying at, so maybe you can choose one of those and contact the people staying there!

They've sold out (twice) whatever that means and only king rooms left according to a previous email. If you look back in this thread, there are some other hotels people (including me) are staying at, so maybe you can choose one of those and contact the people staying there!

It means that if the rooms the hotel agreed to “block” at that rate, they’ve sold out the rooms three times. The first block was for 75, I’m not sure what the second or third was but those sold out too and they’ve reached the max amount of rooms/nights available at the group rate.

Reactions: Shwafta
Is anyone willing to share the link for the room block with me? Not a TR member but would love to stay where there are other NYCFC fans.
If you’re in the NYCFC Supporters Facebook group, the link was posted there.

That's an own goal on my part
I’ll be honest - I’m a big public transit guy (mostly cause I hate cars and traffic, but also cause of climate change and whatnot) so I’m always keen to take that over a cab unless I absolutely have to. So I usually seek out transit options ahead of time to wherever I travel, to take advantage of it.

Leaving Friday AM Eastern, arriving a little bit later Friday AM Pacific.

Flying out on the 6 AM on Sunday, short layover, but it's what's available.

Staying at the Hyatt Centric, just a short walk to the stadium.

Absolutely gutted that I won't be able to stop at Paley's Place. I was gonna treat The Toe The Toe to a nice 'Congrats on getting married!' meal.

F*ing pandemic. I would have took my daughter but wife won’t let me fly.

Can I just say I’m really enjoying seeing some new/really old posters in here. It’s great to see this community expanding even if it’s just for the final. Hopefully some/all of you stick around for next year as well!

Always been here but generally lurk. I attended the games pretty frequently before I moved recently so I've been missing the games. Considering I'm halfway across the continent already, I figured why not and once in a lifetime with the team I've supported from the beginning.

According to maps etc, the max red line is about 45 minutes from the airport to right outside the hotel. View attachment 11641

Might be worth doing that for$2.50 versus whatever a taxi would cost
A Lyft I believe was listed at 25-35 bucks but it will be 3 am to our bodies at midnight PST. I personally would at that point be willing to do that cost to save the half hour of time.

Providence Park utilizes Clear entry for showing you are vaccinated. Even if you aren't a Clear member (for airline travel), you can register for free with the app. It's easy to do - even my 75 y/o father figured it out (!).
Thanks for the very helpful post. With respect to Clear, I just set up my Providence Park pass.

Though even 75 year olds can figure it out, the Clear app can be a bit confusing. The home screen has 2 Health Pass tiles. The one on the top is for specific venues and the one you need for Saturday. The process has 3 parts. I don't know what order these come up because I'm already a Clear member so I already set up my self-ID and and added my vax info a few months ago, but you need to
  • Pick the Venue - Providence Park is near the very bottom of the Sports option, and also at the bottom of the All Venues option
  • Add your vax info - you need to scan your vax card and manually input the date(s), manufacturer and health provider for each shot
  • ID yourself. It's been a long time since I did this but I think you have to scan your driver's license or other acceptable ID, take a photo of yourself, and (maybe) input some security info to help make sure it is you. But I'm really not sure of those specifics since it has been so long for me.
When all that is done, it generates a card with your photo and a Q-code. As Sky noted, you don't have to subscribe to the Clear service to use this.

SKY - I know we have some members who cannot use their phone on Saturday, and maybe some people still don't have smartphones, and others won't want to bother setting this up. Can you confirm that PP accepts the actual vaccination cards for those people, if you happen to know? We have our answer below direct from the website. Thanks again for the helpful post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the very helpful post. With respect to Clear, I just set up my Providence Park pass.

Though even 75 year olds can figure it out, the Clear app can be a bit confusing. The home screen has 2 Health Pass tiles. The one on the top is for specific venues and the one you need for Saturday. The process has 3 parts. I don't know what order these come up because I'm already a Clear member so I already set up my self-ID and and added my vax info a few months ago, but you need to
  • Pick the Venue - Providence Park is near the very bottom of the Sports option, and also at the bottom of the All Venues option
  • Add your vax info - you need to scan your vax card and manually input the date(s), manufacturer and health provider for each shot
  • ID yourself. It's been a long time since I did this but I think you have to scan your driver's license or other acceptable ID, take a photo of yourself, and (maybe) input some security info to help make sure it is you. But I'm really not sure of those specifics since it has been so long for me.
When all that is done, it generates a card with your photo and a Q-code. As Sky noted, you don't have to subscribe to the Clear service to use this.

SKY - I know we have some members who cannot use their phone on Saturday, and maybe some people still don't have smartphones, and other won't want to bother setting this up. Can you confirm PP accepts the actual vaccination cards for those people? Thanks.
Looks like photo of the card on phone / or a paper copy should be ok according to this

SKY - I know we have some members who cannot use their phone on Saturday, and maybe some people still don't have smartphones, and other won't want to bother setting this up. Can you confirm PP accepts the actual vaccination cards for those people? Thanks.
Looks like photo of the card on phone / or a paper copy should be ok according to this
Yep, I actually looked into this earlier as I'm one of those cases.

Here's the quote directly:
Latest Venue Protocols
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC will require masks in all areas and proof of vaccination against COVID-19 upon entry to games at Providence Park beginning on Aug. 25, when Thorns FC host NJ/NY Gotham FC.
In compliance with Oregon’s statewide face mask requirement for large outdoor events where physical distancing is not possible, which will go into effect across the state on Friday, Aug. 27, guests aged five and over at Providence Park will be required to wear face coverings in all areas unless actively eating or drinking.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for fans 12 and older upon entry, with acceptable forms of proof being a CDC vaccination card, a photocopy of the card or a photo of the card on a mobile device. Cardholders must be at least two weeks past receiving their second dose in a two-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or a single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
For those who cannot provide proof of vaccination, documentation of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of kickoff will also be accepted.

SKY - I know we have some members who cannot use their phone on Saturday, and maybe some people still don't have smartphones, and other won't want to bother setting this up. Can you confirm that PP accepts the actual vaccination cards for those people, if you happen to know? Thanks.
My free Clear account doesn't have Providence Park listed!