2021 Schedule Thread

Of the 17 MLS Regular Season matches in 2021, how many will be played at Yankee Stadium?

• Total voters
Yeah, to get a PCR test with quick turnaround in the city is expensive. I know some places charging up to $250 per test.

Go to a Northwell Urgent Care. You’ll get it within 3 days and they take insurance. Also, by the time we have a home game, they’re going to accept a $30 rapid antigen test that you can get all over the city b

Reactions: Kjbert
right. 3 games. and who we play are not the top tier in liga MX. so i think our chances are pretty good.

EDIT: the MLS press release does not mention how the liga mx teams will be picked. I guess i was reading old format originally planned. so it remains to be seen but that original plan was to use champions.

Last edited:
EDIT: the MLS press release does not mention how the liga mx teams will be picked. I guess i was reading old format originally planned. so it remains to be seen but that original plan was to use champions.

from what i recall, leagues cup was not created for champions. it's always been for teams who finished high in the table for the season but did not qualify for champions league.

it was intended to be a 16 team tournament in 2020, but it looks like it's going to be an 8 team tournament in 2021 .. most likely due to covid.

from what i recall, leagues cup was not created for champions. it's always been for teams who finished high in the table for the season but did not qualify for champions league.

it was intended to be a 16 team tournament in 2020, but it looks like it's going to be an 8 team tournament in 2021 .. most likely due to covid.

the first year was "invites only" but in 2020 (and i assume 2021) there were supposed to use champions from liga mx because there was no conflict with CCL ( since the leagues cup is in Late july/ August) and also the teams with most points in the aggregate table for the full soccer year ( Fall spring of previous soccer year)

so i do expect Leon and who ever wins the current liga mx tournament to be included for two of the four spots. the other two can be runners up or not. again well wait and see.

the first year was "invites only" but in 2020 (and i assume 2021) there were supposed to use champions from liga mx because there was no conflict with CCL ( since the leagues cup is in Late july/ August) and also the teams with most points in the aggregate table for the full soccer year ( Fall spring of previous soccer year)

so i do expect Leon and who ever wins the current liga mx tournament to be included for two of the four spots. the other two can be runners up or not. again well wait and see.

I think i understand your point now. from MLS it is not the champions, but they could be the champions from liga MX... wonder why

will be interesting to see where we play our "home" game for this... if we play a "home" game at all. will also be interesting to see how our roster looks at this time with all the international competitions going on during the summer.

Last edited:
I think i understand your point now. from MLS it is not the champions, but they could be the champions from liga MX... wonder why
I think that it's because Mexican Leagues Cup participants will be chosen based on the season they are currently in, while CCL participants are already chosen based on some earlier results. So a team who's not in CCL because of what they did earlier could win now and I guess go in Leagues Cup? And then also be in CCL the following year? That seems silly but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Go to a Northwell Urgent Care. You’ll get it within 3 days and they take insurance. Also, by the time we have a home game, they’re going to accept a $30 rapid antigen test that you can get all over the city b
Or use NYP Virtual Urgent Care see a doctor and schedule a covid test...not sure if PCR, but you get results quick after they schedule it

will be interesting to see where we play our "home" game for this... if we play a "home" game at all. will also be interesting to see how our roster looks at this time with all the international competitions going on during the summer.

this tournament is likely on the end of the liga mx preseason / early part of the regular season ( mid August- to early september) so its not much of an "issue" to them even if a team played the CCL back in April/ May.

well host games at RBA im sure.

Reactions: LionNYC
this tournament is likely on the end of the liga mx preseason / early part of the regular season ( mid August- to early september) so its not much of an "issue" to them even if a team played the CCL back in April/ May.

well host games at RBA im sure.

Yup. I guaran-damne-tee that these matches will be held at Red Bull Arena. F Concacaf.

Reactions: Joe_Cos and Kjbert
Yup. I guaran-damne-tee that these matches will be held at Red Bull Arena. F Concacaf.

this is not on concacaf, since its a liga mx/ MLS tournament. a SUM tournament. my comment was more because the yankees wont want extra games outside of MLS/ playoff games.

looking at the yankees schedule and the week of games given we could potentially host the first game ( week of August 9th), the second game will be issue since the yankees come back to play on a Friday. and they need those 3 days for field conversions.

Reactions: Joe_Cos
this is not on concacaf, since its a liga mx/ MLS tournament. a SUM tournament. my comment was more because the yankees wont want extra games outside of MLS/ playoff games.

looking at the yankees schedule and the week of games given we could potentially host the first game ( week of August 9th), the second game will be issue since the yankees come back to play on a Friday. and they need those 3 days for field conversions.

Well then F SUM.

Reactions: Kjbert and Joe_Cos
To begin the season, attendance for select games will be limited to approximately 20% of the capacity of Yankee Stadium. Accordingly, we will be selling a limited number of tickets in specified temporary seating locations (“Ticket Pod(s)”) to select home games (“Limited Capacity Games”) in an effort to maintain New York State’s physical distancing requirements. Each fan in attendance will be required to take a PCR or rapid antigen COVID-19 test with negative results or provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, as well as temperature checks on each game day in order to gain entry. More information will be posted shortly on COVID-19 testing and proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

MIAMI -- Vaccinated fans will soon have their own sections at Miami Heat games.​
The Heat announced plans Tuesday to open two sections in their lower bowl only for fully vaccinated fans starting with an April 1 game against the Golden State Warriors. The Heat are the first NBA team to reveal such a plan, though other clubs are believed to be working on similar measures.​
Masks will still be required, even for the vaccinated fans, but social distancing rules will be slightly relaxed in those areas.​

Source: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31123421/miami-heat-open-vaccinated-only-sections-fans-april-1

Looking at the Yankees schedule, Yankee Stadium should be available for the quarterfinals and semifinals.

available yes. but only the semi-final on 9/13 would be possible. no way they'd convert the field and have it ready for a game in one day for the quarterfinal game on august 9th.