2k Sports... Soccer?

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
Do you think 2K will ever invest in a footy title to compete with FIFA and PES?

I would LOVE to see what they can do with it. They are phenomenal with player movement and realism.

will have to be a huge investment and not even sure if they have the $$ to do it,

Oh, they have the money to do it. It's just a matter of putting a team together to make a game as legendary as their NFL games.

Oh, they have the money to do it. It's just a matter of putting a team together to make a game as legendary as their NFL games.
thats the thing they would have to get a whole team of developers that know the sport etc and maybe a new engine to make the game. They really have to go for it but it wont be like FIFA in terms of having many leagues. and im sure there are licensing issues as well.

Nope. We saw that didn't work for their NFL game. When EA bitched up and bought the rights to NFL and NFLPA, they made All-Pro with retired players only. Didn't sell well. People want to play as their favorite teams and players. Period.

so then its maybe its more of an issue of licensing than developing instead.

they also have libertadores but i see your point. not much can be done for 2k sports even if they wanted to. Unless they can outbid some of the licensing away from EA

Ya I don't think anyone will dethrone EA with the FIFA series. I don't have too many issues with the EA series to be honest.